LegacyGT.com

0-100 (0-62mph) in 5.57 secs ... mmmm!

The jap spec manual GT ( in nz ) apparently does 0-100 in 5.57 secs! Awesome... And that's on 98RON fuel in nz? (Or 0-100 times lifted from japan?) If thats on 98RON, then why does Australia get their GT's de-spec'ed? ... "New for Legacy Gen IV is Active Valve Control, Sube-speak for variable valve timing. Drive-by-wire throttle is novel too, as are 80 per cent of the engine components. Power and torque figures are the same as for B4 at 206 kW and 343 Nm, but the latter arrives at 2400 rpm instead of 5000. With around 40 per cent better grunt down low, small wonder the performance figures are just a gnat's member behind the Impreza STi, the GT hustling through to 100 km/h in 5.57 seconds, and on to 120 from 80 in 3.44 seconds. Bang for buck takes a real hike." Here's the website... [url]http://motoring.nzoom.com/motoring_detail/0,2734,224843-388-389,00.html[/url] Cheers, Mike

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If thats on 98RON, then why does Australia get their GT's de-spec'ed? The only reason i can think is the hotter temperatures in Aussie. I was talking yesterday to an owner of a WRX Sti 22b - whose second car is a 04 Legacy GT wagon. He said the wagon was very fast - with the low down torque it was a real sleeper at the lights. He commented that the twin scroll in his opinion was lacking at the top end. He didn't think it handled as good as his 22b and his previous Sti Ra. Overall however he was very happy with the wagon.

That is the general consensus with twin-scrolls units about the top-end. I wouldn't expect it to handle as well as a 22B or STi RA model! They're just made for different things, though it's still pretty well set up. I'd love to see pics of that guys cars together. :)

[quote name='coolbluelb']Does anyone truely feel his comments were made with racial intent? I find this notion laughable.[/quote] I didn't think it had racial intent.. It was not like he was talking about a person. I think it is a simple abbreviation.

maybe JDM is the more acceptable politically correct version... but i couldnt be f'ed typing the whole word.... or is it b/c rural Australians get only 95 ron.... is 98 ron widespread in rural nz? (or is that a superfluous adjective??) :P :D Mike.

I don't think any racial intent was implied, so lets not get all bent over this. Lets just move on folks, nothing to see here. Don't make me pull out the magic potion and whipe these comments from this section. ;)

some japanese people can take that as racial thing i know he was mentioning about japanese cars and was lazy(?) to type "japanese" so i was just making a point there anyways im not pleased with 5.57 i thought it was gonna be faster(stock)

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

You have to look at the times for other cars that that magazine/tester got, not look at it as a definitive number. If it got a 5.57 in comparison to a 5.4 for a Spec C STi from that tester, for example, it's more than plenty quick. Of all testers, the American magazines are the fastest. Possibly because they know that a fast 0-60 is all that is needed to sell some cars. All in, if it was a RWD with that power, it would be spinning the rears through the first two gears, if not first three. If it was FWD, probably the first 4 gears. ;) Cheers, Paul Hansen

[quote name='SUBE555']I don't think any racial intent was implied, so lets not get all bent over this. Lets just move on folks, nothing to see here. Don't make me pull out the magic potion and whipe these comments from this section. ;)[/quote] Sube is right (must be those magical moderator powers), but perhaps JDM, for Japanese Domestic Market can be used to designate Japan market cars, rather than the term in question. We do want to keep this one big happy family, after all. Kevin

[quote name='team23jordan']some japanese people can take that as racial thing i know he was mentioning about japanese cars and was lazy(?) to type "japanese" so i was just making a point there anyways im not pleased with 5.57 i thought it was gonna be faster(stock)[/quote] Faster??!! :lol: What were you expecting, a rocket sled? The Legacy is a GT in the old-school, grand tourer style. Those cars are typically one shift to 60 mph, fast but not super fast, and nicely appointed so that you will be comfortable as you hustle down the road. GTs are never as fast as pure sports cars, but they are a lot more comfortable. The Legacy GT is the first Legacy GT that is an actual, real-life GT. 5.5 seconds is a smackdown for that kind of car. I'm thrilled. We know that it will be faster than the WRX, and in the hands of a good driver, driving a WRX at 6/10ths will land you in prison. :lol: Kevin

Yea, How the hell did you expect it to be faster? That's so freakin' fast that it's silly? What do you drive now? That kind of power can kill you very quickly. If you are looking for a faster car then the GT isn't for you. If you think you are going to find something that is comfortable and faster than this GT then you willo drop about $50K on a bmw or something. My WRX is fast enough for me.. I am looking for something bigger and more refined. if I wanted faster I would get an STi.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Yea, How the hell did you expect it to be faster? That's so freakin' fast that it's silly? What do you drive now? That kind of power can kill you very quickly. If you are looking for a faster car then the GT isn't for you. If you think you are going to find something that is comfortable and faster than this GT then you willo drop about $50K on a bmw or something. My WRX is fast enough for me.. I am looking for something bigger and more refined. if I wanted faster I would get an STi.[/quote] Well said.

SOA's website is not working properly, but I thought power to weight ratios between the WRX and the Legacy GT went in the GT's favor. I know this is a rehash of a rehash until we have more info, but shouldn't that translate to faster than 5.4 0-60?

Well thats the prob with just going off peak hp figures. The JDM legacy I believe has been tuned more to the low to mid range. While the WRX Sti mid to top end. Of course gearing as another issue. A big factor is how were the cars launched ? Was it the same surface, tyres etc etc ? A cooler day - as a rule of thumb every 4 degrees C lower = 1% increase in peak power.

Keep in mind that there is a noticeable difference between 0-60 mph and 0-62 mph performance times. In general, 0-60 times are about two to three-tenths quicker than 0-62, depending on how strongly a car will accelerate. I have no clue where these things will dyno at, but if a manual 2.5GT will do about 190 awtq, you can caluclate its accelerate as.... awtq x 2nd gear ratio x final drive = total thrust / weight = acceleration So we have... 190 awtq x 1.882 x 4.11 = 1469 lbs thrust / 3200 lbs weight = 0.459g's acceleration That converts to about 10 mph per second. So to gain an additional 2 mph, it will take it about 0.2s. So the 0-62 in 5.57s figure would theoretically be 0-60 in about 5.37s. Happier now? :wink: Oops...I forgot that we need to figure in driver weight also. Call it at 160lbs. Now we get 0.437g's of acceleration which comes out to 9.6 mph/sec. That makes it 0.208s greater for 62 mph instead of 0.200 so just round and subtract another hundredth off. 0-60 in 5.36s. How's that for bench racing? :D Steve

Archived