LegacyGT.com

0-100 (0-62mph) in 5.57 secs ... mmmm!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
News Just In............. MY04 GT 2.0T Auto 180Kw priced in Oz @ 52990 competed in the PCOTY (Performance Car of the Year 04) in Melbourne a few weeks ago. Car Time in Seconds (0-100 or 0-62) Lambo 5.55 M3 CSL 5.15 Audi S4 6.26 Volvo S60R 6.38 Mazda RX-8 6.58 350Z 6.68 & wait for it Liberty GT 6.90 Now I know that everything isnt about 0 - 100/62 but when u pull up at the lights and your getting done by a bloody Volvo, you have to ask yourself the question, WHEN is Japan going to send to Oz a WRX/STi/GT with the same level or grunt that the rest of the world is getting. I know that we are one of the first countries to get hold of the GT but gish it would be so much more exciting to have something to stick it up the point and shoot boys @ Holden and Ford instead of being called the typical turbo riceboy or boyracer kids. Lets go Fuji, we are waiting ! (P.S we are just West of NZ)

In magazine testing, traditionally automatics are .5-1 second slower than manual transmission versions of the same car. That is when they have the same power - now add in the fact that the JDM automatics have 20 less hp than the manuals. Plus, remember this is for Australia, where the cars have to be detuned for the lower grade of petrol available. Cheers, Paul Hansen

Don't worry I do blame Sub Oz for the power downgrades and the AT, @ least we got the car first. But I would like to know how you can buy an M3 in any country and have the same power output regardless of the fuel quality but all the cars coming out of the rising sun cant ?. It would be fantastic if STi Oz offered a new fuel mapping product that u could plug and play giving u more power without voiding yr warranty. P.S Paul, love the know it all tag, your doing great :D

Yeah, I too am disappointed that our engines have to be detuned and I think its because Australian petrol only meets Euro 2 standards, and it sounds like the main contributing factor is that our sulphur levels are too high. There has been a push to increase the quality of our fuel by the auto companies, however the oil industry here has been relatively resistent due to issues with costs and current oil refinery configurations. The demand for higher RON fuels is forecasted to increase in order to take advantage of more efficient engines in terms of performance and emissions. I found this report whilst googling... [url]http://www.deh.gov.au/atmosphere/cleaner-fuels/petrol-diesel/transport.html[/url] I'm not sure about the quality you american guys are getting, but I'm sure busting over your 2.5L subies ... 8) Mike.

[quote name='mycl']I'm not sure about the quality you american guys are getting, but I'm sure busting over your 2.5L subies ... 8) Mike.[/quote] If youre highest RON in Oz is 98 that's about what we can get here so it must be the other issues with fuel quality that you mention. Perhaps our gas isn't much better that's why we got more displacement instead of the JDM spec motors.

I have no idea what the issues are really, I mean if you can get a BMW M3CSL with 265Kw or Jag XKR with 298Kw and a Ferrari 575M with 379Kw, how come these manufactures dont have the same issues that seem to plauge the Japanese guys ? Sube, love yr positive spin on things although I have been told by STi to not be so keen going to APS, not sure why as Im a big fan of APS, although STi here has its on tuning arm inside the dealership, hmm that might be a point! :o

[quote name='coolbluelb']It looks like SOA has backed off of the previous 0-60 time shown on Need-Desire. Newest materials state 5.8 for the USDM Leg GT. :([/quote]subaru's official numbers are always higher than the car and driver's. i think the wrx was .5 sec difference iirc.

[quote name='jk'][quote name='coolbluelb']It looks like SOA has backed off of the previous 0-60 time shown on Need-Desire. Newest materials state 5.8 for the USDM Leg GT. :([/quote]subaru's official numbers are always higher than the car and driver's. i think the wrx was .5 sec difference iirc.[/quote]just checked. subaru originally estimated the wrx 0-60 as 6.1 sec. car and driver using a clutch drop got 5.4. so lets see, subaru estimates 5.8 for the legacy gt, and 88.5% of that means that we predict car and driver will record 5.1 sec. feel better?

Guys, who cares about some silly numbers, what will be a real testament is to how much faster it is than the WRX. :P It will have more down low with what looks to be well spaced ratios among other things that make this a great overall package. Plain and simple, it will be fun, potent, and such a sleeper!

It won't be much of a sleeper once people get them, and start driving like eejits. Don't you worry. The WRX wagon, for example, had a grace period, unlike the sedan, but it wasn't long before the moron factor overtook that car, as well. Kevin

Kevin, it's just about as sedate as one of the top Solara, Camry or Accord models which most people don't think too much of. :) Minus the scoop and slightly bigger wheels, nobody's the wiser. ;)

Archived