LegacyGT.com

Enkei J10 or GF1

oxide

Which of these do you think would look better on a DGM MY07 Legacy, the Enkei GF1 or J10?

I'm looking into Anthracite only and I am more inclined toward the GF1. What do you guys think?

And if anyone is using either of the above on their legacy, I'd love to see what it looks like.

Cheers

T

2068142472_ENKEI20J10.jpg.027254b73ab722ebeef735582b20273a.jpg

enkgf1.jpg.48a77faf54c40bf38f9b3b5da893d559.jpg

unfortunately, people here are cheap, so we do get rims, but the cheap ones that are egg shaped.

I'd love to start that sort of a business, but im not from this country, I can't start any sort of business without hooking up wtha local, and all they want is money, they take no risks :p

Haha .. thanks for the find gianspi... I did search but I used enkei, apparently he thinks it is enki :lol:, though I wish I'd taken your warning seriously...

btw, while I know quite a bit about tires themselves, I hardly know my tire brands well enough to go out and choose.

Which would be a good choice, I currently have Potenza RE070's on my stock wheels and boy do them hum a LOT!

and thinking of 245/35/18 with 8" wide rims. I wonder if these rims do more than a 38mm offset though, if not I think I'd have problems with a wider rim right?

According the Xenonk's thread, you should look for +43mm to +51mm offset with an 8" wide wheel.

As for tires:

Falken RT-615: GREAT dry performance, good wet performance, cheap pricetag.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3: Great dry and great wet perfomance. Pricey. I would choose this, since my climate gets a decent amount of rain.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Cheers gianspi, we get very little rain here, maybe it rains twice heavily in the entire year and when it does, one can hardly get out as every nook and corner is flooded to the point trucks and earth movers are washed away. (ground doesn't absorb water so well)

I need something that has extremely good dry performance and can withstand constant hot temperatures. Our temperatures for the majority of the year are in excess of 35C with summers of 50C and above. We have all too many blowouts in the summer although I have never experienced one myself.

Will check with local dealers for the Goodyear F1. (I hope they perform as good as they look :o )

I'd look for the bfg kdw2. I've abused the hell out of them in TX summers which aren't as hot as your temps, but aren't too far off either ...... I've spent time in most of southwest asia.

I like the j10 better .... there's pics on the forum of that one too - somewhere.

w00t!! someone who has dwelled the desert and lived to tell the tale!!

Actually in the urban areas there is very little sand, way too much dust, but it doesn't affect the wheels more than brake dust. And more worse, wheel thieves. Just come in from fitting on a brand new set of lugs on my stockers because some dumb ass thieves forgot the wheels but took the nuts. Just out of curiosity, how much do subaru stock lug nuts cost you guys where you are?

As for the wheels, I may just rethink the whole 15 spoke GF1. Perhaps look into something with 10 spokes or less.

I had actually set my sights on ultraleggeras. But they're not cheap and hard to get anyone to order them for me.

Thanks for all the insight guys.

Archived