LegacyGT.com

I need more power!!

Nitrous + fuel will get you the power you need.

Lightened motor parts will increase WHP but very minimally. But stripping a car down will nevar increase WHP.

I have seem plenty of cars on a dyno that were stripped out and had light wheels, etc. still make the same amount of WHP when compared to stock weight setup. It will certainly seem quicker but only because of the weight to power ratio difference.

Nitrous + fuel will get you the power you need.

Lightened motor parts will increase WHP but very minimally. But stripping a car down will nevar increase WHP.

I have seem plenty of cars on a dyno that were stripped out and had light wheels, etc. still make the same amount of WHP when compared to stock weight setup. It will certainly seem quicker but only because of the weight to power ratio difference.

Exactly!

Simply making the car lighter does not increase horsepower, not even by 0.05 HP.

Making engine components lighter however, can. Underdrive pulley, lightened crankshaft, lightened pistons, etc... can all help increase horsepower. But this is an expensive route to take for some parts.

If you take the 175 HP motor out of your subaru and put it in to a bicycle, it's not going to suddenly be making 800 HP just because it's attached to something lighter... It will continue to make 175 HP, but because it's now on something that weighs like 600 lbs (need to include motor weight as well, whatever that may be) it's going to take off like a rocket.

Option 1 : Suck it up and admit you made a mistake

Option 2 : Trade your car in for a used 05/06 gt

Option 3 : Keep pipe dreaming about getting serious HP out of a 2.5i

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

+1

Don't buy a N/A car and expect to get more than minimal gains from modding.

On a related note my buddy spend a couple thousand dollars getting 10-20 more hp out of his m3. Granted starting with a highly tuned N/A egnine is even more difficult it goes to show you the cost involved.

your N/A isn't bad, I got tracked by a bone stock Impreza that had no problem keeping the pace

the stock Legacy GT isn't all that fast, a quick cruiser, really

if speed is your need you'll spend plenty to quicken the GT, on top of buying it

i'd wait for a future GT with better tranny options and powertrain/suspension/interior/whateveryouwant improvements-save up your moola

a coworker just leased an '07 G35, the cat's meow - he offered me to drive it but i won't 'cause i might end up trading the LGT

I dont understand some people. You want a "fast" car, but you go out and buy a 175hp AWD sedan. Doesnt make sense to me. I drive a 06 2.5i 4eat. Its by far fast, but its also not dead either. Power means little to me, i lik something that handles good. With uhp tires, aggresive alignment and a strut bar, it handles pretty damn good. I can imagine what its like once i get rid of the roll. If you want something thats fast go buy an sti. Maybe youd feel better in a gti. Since u have a buddy u can call "fast".

You just don't know you've already signed the papers yet =)

well i did on saturday and i dont regret it at all yeah i went from 07 to 05 but man its a gt and it has 12500 miles on it and my 2.5i had 10800miles not that much of a difference with the miles but man the power and the ride is nice i dont miss my moonroof i do kinda miss my power seats i do miss my mp3 cd player but i only had a single disc ..overall i dont regret trading her in. everything balanced it selfout with me..no moonroof but turbo so i roll down my front sdriver side window anyway just to hear it..

here was my 07 swp se2.5i and here is my new to me but used 05gt http://a884.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/31/l_47b85d9736e0e5585db6dd6d30b184db.jpg

http://a18.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/35/l_143d9926c77a7898f72b6125c22a65d9.jpg

Guest subiecity
i was thinkin 50 shot to keep it safe, but been debating on 75 for a while, i really dunno ive been lookin into it for almost a yr or so now, i met a freind ofa freind who has his own lil buisness doin nitrous and all the stuff, he has 3 honda civics running mid 11's on the track :) so we will see what happens wiht my car

Archived