LegacyGT.com

Did my headlights

GTTuner

I finnally got my ass in gear and got my headlights in the oven last weekend.

I blacked them out, removed the reflectors, added some white led's to the reflectors and kept my Silverstar 3157's here are some pics.

Bt the way, pitted lenses SUCK!:lol:

looks good! project I want to do this summer
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

yeah same here.. i just don't like the idea of shovin them in there and somehow having them stop working a while later.. probably won't happen but yeah.

you buy lunch and ill help you with that on a nice day of course

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Cool mang. Looks friggin Sweet :D

Thanks meng! The led's are not as bright in person as they seem in the picture. It was dark when I took the photos. I have them hooked to the headlight feed, so they light up during the day with the DRL's. Looks cool in daylight too. They are suppose to be pure white but they have a touch of blue in them. I need HID's now to complete the look.

As far as putting these things in the oven, trust me, I was skeptical too. But it is a piece if cake (no pun intended). Let them bake for about 8 minutes, open the oven and if you get a slight hint of "plastic" smell, they are ready. Not burning plastic smell, then it's too late.:lol: Use some cotton gloves because they are hot to handle and only put one at a time in the oven because they cool fast. Use three or four plastic trim sticks, or even some flat head screw drivers to slowly start prying them apart. I think it is necessary to add some sealer on reassembly to ensure a good seal. It was a fun but tedious project. If I did it again, I could cut the time in half, probably 2-3 hours.

Can I ask some opinions? Should I paint the grey area in my grill black to match the lights? Anyone here done that and have pic's?

PITTED LENSES SUCK:mad:

Get the STI grill.....

Those lenses look just like another GRP car I've seen.....

What healight bulbs are you using?

I just switched from SilverStars to Hella's zenon gas bulbs. They are pretty good, slightly whiter that Sylvanias. Hopefully they will last longer.

I gotta do HID's soon, now that I have the itch. :)

Very cool touch with the LEDs! :)

Night-time shots, please! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

yeah same here.. i just don't like the idea of shovin them in there and somehow having them stop working a while later.. probably won't happen but yeah.

you remove the bulbs and the wiring harness before you put them in the oven

can somebody explain to me how to get out the damn headlamp fixture so i can get to the corner bulbs to change them?....i pulled both screws (silver) and a black clip but the damn fixture wont seem to come out and i dont see any other screws...please dont tell me i have to drop the bumper

Archived