LegacyGT.com

Fluid Levels Off

Beanboy

So had the GT for a couple of days, finally got around to checking fluid levels. Washer Fluid was low, PS was low (when hot, just at min cold line), oil when hot was maybe a 1/2 inch above the hot level notch, and it looks like the gear oil is low, about a 1/4 inch on the the diptstick. I've seen other folks post about PS/diff levels... Shouldn't these levels be checked when the car arrives at the dealer? -B

Yes, fluid levels and tire pressures should all be set to the book when the dealer PDIs a vehicle. Take it back and have them do it right. The longer you wait the less obvious it will be their error. I'd even go as far as let Subaru know at 1-800-SUBARU3 about an incomplete PDI. Ken

What I don't understand is that there are others on the board with similar issues. Cars that are no more than a month old with consistent low levels... I have to assume some went through PDI with low levels as well? I'm giving the dealer a chance to make things right early tomorrow morning. -B

At the dealer right now... Tech checked the diff fluid a few times. Car is up on the lift, holy suspension travel! Looks like an old Loyale up on the lift, with the severe suspension angle, hehe. Curious what the final word will be on the fluids. My final list was tires were low, washer fluid low, PS fluid low and diff fluid low. Took care of the first couple of things myself last night, didn't want to mess with the other two. -B

I put nearly a gallon of washer fluid in mine two days after I bought it. Everything else looked OK. Tires were a little low, but the car was PDIed in August and I bought it in late October. Typical because of cooler ambient temp. I worked for a couple Ford dealerships in the 1980s and 1990s. I hardly ever saw the PDI guys doing much of anything other than checking the lugnut torque and putting on the hubcaps. Steve

Archived