itsme

I have a '05 5mt LGT wagon and here is what I have done so far:

H-tech springs

19x7.5 w 225/35/19

Super pro ploy LCA bushing

Cusco F&R lower braces

Avo RSB brackets

Whiteline adj. F&R swaybars

I like the way the car rides and handles. The cusco make the car really stiff and got rid of some of the rattles and squeaks. Now this is my problem. I went stage 2 With 3" TBE. Now I get alot of squat. If I'm in 1st and 2nd if I hit a dip it will bottom out and scrapes. So what do I need to do to fix this? New struts, stiffer springs , coil overs? I can't be the only one this has happend to. Thanks for any input. I'm willing to raise the car some if I have to.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Stiffer springs and stiffer shocks. Springs hold up the weight of your car. Shock control how fast that weight is transfered. The added torque of going to stage 2 increased the amount of weight transfered to the rear under hard acceleration. The soft-ish H-Techs are being compressed by that transfered weight. The soft compression dampening of your stock struts exacerbates the sensation of squat.

I do not track now. But we have more track days comming:icon_bigg . I know Paul really likes the MR coil-overs.:lol: But what coil-overs or Spring + strut combo will give the best ride and value? I wonder why more people do talk about this problem after going stage 2.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Be prepared to spend more if you want a plusher riding set of coilovers. KW Variant 2's or the new Tein Comfort Sports. The MR's are a great bang for the buck control body motions well and handle very nicely. They ride well, but no one is going to mistake your car for being stock from the ride.

Archived