LegacyGT.com

Track days and car ins. ?

legacy_y_tu

Does anyone know if there are any insurance options offered at the track for track day coverage? I was thinking of calling my insurance carrier and asking them for a rider but after thinking about that for a bit I'm not so sure that's a good idea :lol:. They are a great deal and I have my homeowners with them as well as both cars.......the last thing I want to do is have them drop me. Any particular outfits I should call if there isn't any option trackside and what it might cost?

Specifically, I'll be going to Limerock this summer sometime if that helps at all.

I was wondering the same thing, I've read on some club racing sites that you have to sign insurance waivers prior to driving, but I recall reading on other sites that insurance should cover you if the event is listed as a High Performance Driving School... if its a recreational race, i.e. timing is present, that would seem to me the only instance where insurance would not cover damage. Covering damage at a high performance driving school event would seem reasonable, seeing as you'd be covered if you wrecked your car during an ordinary driving school. That's my guess, anyone know for sure??

Well, I'm pretty sure my insurance states racing events or track coverage is not covered. However, like you said I''m not sure technically what they consider a racing event; ie: times and places and such. I'll probably just wind up calling them for clarification. Just hope like I said that it doesn't spook them :lol:.

Keefe, WIll do. I didn't recall anyone covering ins. andf tracks so I honestly didn't search. I know, I know bad me .

Archived