LegacyGT.com

Get home tonite..and a big brown box is in my doorway..

B4_Maniac

By way of Japan and the dilegent work of one Paul Hansen of Apex Japan and Ross of the awsome AVO Turbo world my new goodies are in.

The box looked like it got here by way of Iraq..I think some of the inspectors thought it had weopons of mass destruction in it. But, when I opeaned it all of it's valuble contents were un-harmed.

Inside was the obligortory AVO PANEL FILTER..if you don't have one..get one..NUFF SAID.

Along with the panel filter were the Front and Rear adjustable stabalizer links.

But, the main event are the HKS Hipermax LS+ 30 way adjustable coilover set for the new Legacy.

This was no hasty decision, it literal took months to decide what to do about it..(I have the PM's to prove it..Thanks Paul!) I decided I wanted to preserve the ride quality of the new Legacy with adding a little more peformance edge to it. The Spec B suspension was an option..but for the same money I could have a fully adjustable set of coilovers. Wich is basicly a no brainer.

Becuase the car would see more street time than track a full performance coilover would not satisfy this B4 owner. The HKS Hipermax LS Plus suspension is valved and tuned to preserve a luxury (as it may be) ride quality with a bit more of an edge.

I will install every thing this weekend and align the car on Monday..then I will post impressions. But..I am confident this will be a winning combination.

1.JPG.b008425d5c892803723889a2ce848751.JPG

2.JPG.882e043141962d373023be9c6f8ffe5a.JPG

3.JPG.35e8fd1e6ca5e90f333dd9354a2f753e.JPG

4.JPG.7ff227b16c83dfe4566e074a6a4489a6.JPG

5.JPG.dc2594a9565d82b7a8b20ca5cffa7c8a.JPG

6.JPG.82210e552a331d1323ea6177813758f0.JPG

7.JPG.16d98256538461c97725c24fb4e98d18.JPG

8.JPG.32597c430089ae20afffdb084cba5497.JPG

9.JPG.fe78afaceed985b8ecda374699c390fb.JPG

10.JPG.afa0e9804e68f59019a8ba9c07f219fc.JPG

[quote name='ih8vtec13']Thats freakin sweet and i second the sexy purple coilovers bit[/QUOTE]I can't stop looking at them..I have them beside my desk now..It's almost a shame to put them on the car... Oh well...I hope they feel as good as they look! B4!

Thanks! Just cuz I know people will ask here are all the prices.. Suspension- $1850.00 Stabilizer Endlinks- $55 Panel Filter-$60 Shipped to my doorstep from Japan via UPS in one weeks time..$2150 all said and done. So far I am very satisfied with the price. Plus, you can't beat the AVO's service. Paul is backing a good company! :)

B4, I didnt realize that the LS+ uses a stock-like type of spring perch... Just to remind you that eventhough you have coilovers, the tire sizing that I put on my car wont necessarilary (sp?) work with your car cuz of the large front spring perch.. eventhough you can lower your car a bit, do becareful since your coilovers are 1-way adjustable (for pre-loading only, NOT ride height). If you lower spring perch too much, you will wear out the struts and that could break or wear out a seal. If you raise the car too high, the car can get super transition-sensitive since the springs are compressed (so it will act as if they are always in a turn). Do read the instructions of knowing how much you can adjust.. if you can't, scan in the instructions and I'll do my best to let you know how much you can lower or raise to be in spec. The tire size and wheel offsets you should look for are stock numbers.. IE: 18"x7.5" with 42mm to 50mm offset. Have fun with them! I use to own a set of HKS coilovers on my WRX, and they have done me right. Reason why I decided with Zeals now is that I am looking for more versitility AND designed for more tarmac/road track use. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='brentavos']Nice hardware! I look forward to seeing installation photos. Do you have any images of any tools needed to adjust and/or lock the suspension height settings? Just curious...[/QUOTE] Ah, you must be looking for the spanner wrenches.. you can find them on [url]www.hksusa.com[/url] Oh yea, dont lose them, they are quite $$$. You can see the two "hooks" at the lower part of this pic. [IMG]http://www.hksusa.com/images_products/L_1345.jpg[/IMG] Keefe
Keefe

Nice stuff, B4, and keep everyone posted as to the install and final settings. Getting coilovers dialed in is monotonous, but ultimately rewarding work. I kept a log book with settings and the car's behavior, after settling on a final ride height and getting an alignment. I imagine that with 30 damper settings, you'll have to move a few clicks before things change noticeably. Hopefully, HKS has provided some jumping-off points for you to consider. Have fun with all that stuff. And for the shocked and amazed, yes, I used to have coilovers. Two different sets of them, in fact. rao and I had hours of fun for the entire family (Krispy Kremes, juice and coffee for the wife and kids, breaker bars for us). :lol: Kevin

Kevin's WRX was "gifted" engine wise, he is a point of reference regarding suspension mods. [quote name='Xenonk']Wow, Mr. Anti-Modder came from the same school of "racing/ricing" :p Hey guys! Kevin modded!! :lol: Keefe[/QUOTE]

B4, I didnt realize that the LS+ uses a stock-like type of spring perch... Just to remind you that eventhough you have coilovers, the tire sizing that I put on my car wont necessarilary (sp?) work with your car cuz of the large front spring perch.. eventhough you can lower your car a bit, do becareful since your coilovers are 1-way adjustable (for pre-loading only, NOT ride height). If you lower spring perch too much, you will wear out the struts and that could break or wear out a seal. If you raise the car too high, the car can get super transition-sensitive since the springs are compressed (so it will act as if they are always in a turn). Do read the instructions of knowing how much you can adjust.. if you can't, scan in the instructions and I'll do my best to let you know how much you can lower or raise to be in spec. The tire size and wheel offsets you should look for are stock numbers.. IE: 18"x7.5" with 42mm to 50mm offset.

Have fun with them! I use to own a set of HKS coilovers on my WRX, and they have done me right. Reason why I decided with Zeals now is that I am looking for more versitility AND designed for more tarmac/road track use.

Keefe

Morn'n all..Just woke up! Thanks for all your posts.

Keefe, thanks for you insite. I have always found it worth listening too.

But, in regards to the coilovers. Yes the front's are a stock like spring perch. Wich is A-OKAY. My plan with the car is not have a super track ready B4. My plan is to have a B4 that can live up to that title. The plan was to find a set of coilovers that would increase my current level of performance and not sacrafice ride quality. HKS has more full performace orientated coilovers more in the lines of your Zeals, but those are beyond my needs.

I am not going to l lower it much more than it is. I plan to put the front lip spoiler on it so I want to make sure I have plenty of ground clearence. :lol: ..

I also do not plan to get a bigger tire. I plan to run the stock alloys for the life of the car, just with better 17inch rubber. I want the car to look as stock as possible.

I took pictures of the adjustment points of the coil-overs. I admit not as hard core as the Zeals..but like I said that would be over-kill for my needs.

I can read and speak Japanese so, I am not worried about translateing the instructions. Even my Japanese intructions for the stabalizer links and the panel filter...(jab at Paul) :p

But, they are detailed, and they come preset with a setting from the factory. As GTGUY said 30 settings could be a pain for a while. I don't know if I will be as diligent as he was with a log.. I am more the "Set it and forget it" type.

But here are some more pics..More to come over the weeked.!

1.JPG.652bace0cc477ddcfde0d40007ee054f.JPG

2.JPG.27984db3e0b0cf4344c7ab023bc474d2.JPG

3.JPG.18bc50c0e57478a08960f1f5eb879720.JPG

4.JPG.157edf8df3aa665b8057a058a86f5471.JPG

5.JPG.a612425e2064b8d23230f26f0df59ab7.JPG

6.JPG.349d196ab53f127677a52cac3259435c.JPG

Archived