LegacyGT.com

Dealer for recall

Tocsin

I'll take my car to Marin Subaru just cause it's close. Where are you all going to go for your recall?

I guess this is also a 'what's your favorite norcal subie dealer?' thread too.:)

maita / shingle sprpings. autowest is good too

Maita pissed me off last time I was there. I got a warranty replacement of the little rubber nipple that goes on top of the cupholder behind the gear shift. I went to pick it up at parts, and they said that I would have to schedule a service appt for them to install it. So I walked over to servce, and they told me it would be an hour. It's a freakin' clip that snaps in my f'in cupholder! That's customer orientation for ya!

If I wanted to buy it, it would be $21 dollars. jesus!

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

I'll take my car to Marin Subaru just cause it's close. Where are you all going to go for your recall?

I guess this is also a 'what's your favorite norcal subie dealer?' thread too.:)

Which recall is this? Been pretty happy with Carlsen (only Subie dealer I've been to for service).

HV

Maita pissed me off last time I was there. I got a warranty replacement of the little rubber nipple that goes on top of the cupholder behind the gear shift. I went to pick it up at parts, and they said that I would have to schedule a service appt for them to install it. So I walked over to servce, and they told me it would be an hour. It's a freakin' clip that snaps in my f'in cupholder! That's customer orientation for ya!

If I wanted to buy it, it would be $21 dollars. jesus!

In order for the dealership to get reimbursed for the part (and labor) from Subaru, we have to follow specific protocols. We MUST keep the defective part for a period of 90 days...which is difficult if you take the new part home with you and toss the old part in the trash.

I agree, it shouldn't have taken an hour, or even 15 minutes, unless you happened to show up without an appointment, and they were busy that day. Sometimes, that's just the way things happen, and while I see your point on how it's frustrating, I work on the other side of the parts counter...so I see both sides.

Maita Subaru changed my relay and ecu today. From the moment I arrived at the service drive to being back on the road was UNDER an hour. Thanks, Kostamojen!
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

Archived