LegacyGT.com

Lets hear some from 2.5i owners~(in the market to buy)

Guest subiecity
I don't think our gramatically challenged subiecity meant it in the monetary sense.

Since you are here, care to shed some light on the subject? :lol: :lol:

WOW i knew i shoulda went to college, i feel like you are speeking another language

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

62k miles on my '05 2.5i wagon. No regrets. It ain't fast, but it's easy to drive fast.

2 mods--Bigger rear sway for flat neutral cornering. After 55k I put a set of Michelins for big improvement in the rain.

I still enjoy the car every time I get in it, and look forward to the next 100k miles.

P.

Guest subiecity
I am not exactly sure...but I think thats Val's boyfriend you are responding to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well, even if it is her bf, its all good./.....remeber like all u guys told me this is just the internet and dont take it so serius :p, and its not like again i wanna piss him off cuz if we all come down together to the palisades, and im not loking for any enimies

I think the trunk size is pretty decent as well. I was suprised when I opened it up, could easily stuff a couple bodies in there.

Too bad there's a glow in the dark internal release :(

(at least there is on the Canadian Impreza)

i spent 30k on my 2.5i just to buy......exteneded warranty and stuff was extra 6k

OMG, they really railed you good.

im covered for 200k with total vin etching and sum other bullcrap ...anyone else kno wtf mine was 6k?

:lol: 200k warranty, with the way you drive, I'd be surprised if the car makes it to 100k.

Did they charge you for new blinker fluid and muffler bearings too, or is that covered in the warranty?

I think anyone who sees the 2.5i as having performance potential is deluded. It's far too heavy to ever be a competitive racer, and nothing will ever change that. The 2.5i is basically a family car, albeit a safe one with AWD. That's it. End of story.

Guest subiecity
OMG, they really railed you good.

:lol: 200k warranty, with the way you drive, I'd be surprised if the car makes it to 100k.

Did they charge you for new blinker fluid and muffler bearings too, or is that covered in the warranty?

:confused: its not gonna beat a sti or somthing but its a good car none the less and it goes when u press the gas its not like im driving a kia, or a NA wagon or somthing its not too bad

Guest subiecity
i don't regret buying mine, 19.5k otd door and it's one of the best cars i've ever owned.......

thank u i bought my 06 for 23 and change not too bad and i love it, coming form a honda, a work van and a dodge pick up truck....shiit

Lots of replies since last time i checked. Looks likes 2.5i is good enough for me.

Im worried about the gas mileage with the GT. 19...well ive never driven a turbo before so i wouldnt know too much either.

Its weird not seeing people with the legacy on the road around here. Such a pretty car...people not favoring it. Its kinda sad.

If you guys had another choice other than the legacy what would it be???

i just got an 07 2.5i limited 2 months ago, since i needed a daily driver, got it for 22K OTD..Its a great car for the money, nothing really is in its class N/A, Test drive it best way to find out if its for you or not

Thats before taxes right?

I think anyone who sees the 2.5i as having performance potential is deluded. It's far too heavy to ever be a competitive racer, and nothing will ever change that. The 2.5i is basically a family car, albeit a safe one with AWD. That's it. End of story.

Yup. I'm getting it for the nice blend of size, safety, AWD, fairly soft on the highway but still fun enough in the curves, and decent MPG and power (though I wish it would get a 5 speed). I plan on throwing in an aftermarket Pioneer (or something) NAV/Audio system with Bluetooth integrated. Turn it into a sweet DD/Roadtrip car that handles pretty much any kind of weather. :)

I know it wont be super fast, but meh, I'm practical.

Guest subiecity
Thats before taxes right?

Yup. I'm getting it for the nice blend of size, safety, AWD, fairly soft on the highway but still fun enough in the curves, and decent MPG and power (though I wish it would get a 5 speed). I plan on throwing in an aftermarket Pioneer (or something) NAV/Audio system with Bluetooth integrated. Turn it into a sweet DD/Roadtrip car that handles pretty much any kind of weather. :)

I know it wont be super fast, but meh, I'm practical.

its not SUPER fast but with intake, xhaust, lightweight crankshaft pulley, lighter rims n tires.....upgraded suspension you wold be surprised on how good it drives and feels

Guest subiecity
yea click my profile, and youll see one id post sum up but if u search older threads we all have pics of our cars and im sure everyone is sick of seeing the same pics of my car

seriously?

Seriously,

Snow, sleet, freezing rain, slush, heavy down poors--so far i havent spun a tire--have a had a 1 slight skid at stop on some ice--car slid about 2 more feet than at break (I dont consider this spinning a tire if they're all breaked)--- but have not spun a tire at acceleration or normal drive speed.

All this on the dreaded re-92's.

I've only owned the 2.5i models of Subarus. (03 Legacy wagon, currently an 02 Impreza)

I said in a thread in the NA forums something to the effect of..

The Base models and the GT share 90% of what makes driving and owning a Subaru "Fun" The 10% difference is the Turbo. It can be a BIG diff if you're all about power power power, but if you enjoy driving first and formost and how fast you drive doesn't matter so much, ANY Subaru will suffice.

Yes, but included in that 10% is the pure sexiness that is the sound of a turbo boxer. ;)

Spool 'whiiring' and BOV 'Psshhhhhh' do not the growl of a boxer make. :)

I thought I got plently of sexy 'Boxer growl' just doing a snorkusectomy on my leggy.. I've heard in on my Impreza too despite the Snorkus.. the beast is there.. it wants free.. it's held back by the mega maze of the evil captor SNORKUS!!! MUWHAHAHAHHA

lol.. I'm goofy today.

Archived