LegacyGT.com

Lets hear some from 2.5i owners~(in the market to buy)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish there was a video of what happened at the dealer after you left. Everyone ROFLing, maybe even peeing of the pants. Sorry dude, they wiped the walls with you. My '07 GT Lmt'd with an 80k power train warranty was only 26 something.

I wish there was a video of what happened at the dealer after you left. Everyone ROFLing, maybe even peeing of the pants. Sorry dude, they wiped the walls with you. My '07 GT Lmt'd with an 80k power train warranty was only 26 something.

Maybe he financed the car and he's counting everything including finance charges? I bought my 2.5i for 1k over invoice which was 1k less than sticker: $24.5k. I know now I could have gotten a better deal. The amount financed included taxes, price, SAS, and interest and that came out to about $29k. Maybe that's what he's talking about?

I have a 07 and I have to say that it's been a great so far. I have 16k on the clock and have 0 issues with the car. It's comfortable on long trips and it gets pretty good gas milage for a 2.5. My car stickered for like 22k but I got it for invoice. If you are on the fence about it, I'd say go for it.

I love my 2.5i---- it handles very well---maybe not as fast as the gt---but 87 octane and 30mpg makes up for it. It has made me a subaru forever buyer--as it has not spun a tire in all forms of weather I have put it through.

I love my 2.5i. I sold my '02 Chevy Blazer with 90k miles on it for $5500 and bought my Legacy with 25k miles on it for $15,700. I got more than 300 miles out of my first tank of gas which is a great improvement from my gas guzzler SUV. It's really nice to be able to fit my snowboards in the trunk through the back seat armrest pullout. I had an aftermarket stereo that had an AUX-in in my Blazer; This car doesn't have an AUX-in and an aftermarket stereo would look really tacky. I just ordered the AUX-in circuit board which seems to be a great alternative to the FM transmitter. If you want speed, go with the GT version, otherwise, I recommend the 2.5i.

I have a 2006 2.5i

[...]

Cons:

- Smallish trunk

- No fold down rear seat(sedan)

-lack of aux outputs on the radio.

Alex

The '07 has fold-down rear seat in the sedan and an aux-in for your mp3 player. I fit (4) 17" wheels with tires in my trunk with only one side of the rear seat folded down... so I'd say the trunk size is ok. ;)

I'm also going to chime in and say I paid just under $25k before taxes for my '07 2.5i Diamond Grey Metallic Limited. I probably could have done a little better if I wasn't in a hurry for a new car... but my old car was totaled.

The add-ons were a $199 wheel and tire warranty, all weather floormats, spoiler, self dimming rear view mirror.

Guest subiecity
The '07 has fold-down rear seat in the sedan and an aux-in for your mp3 player. I fit (4) 17" wheels with tires in my trunk with only one side of the rear seat folded down... so I'd say the trunk size is ok. ;)

I'm also going to chime in and say I paid just under $25k before taxes for my '07 2.5i Diamond Grey Metallic Limited. I probably could have done a little better if I wasn't in a hurry for a new car... but my old car was totaled.

The add-ons were a $199 wheel and tire warranty, all weather floormats, spoiler, self dimming rear view mirror.

yea +1 the trunk is friggan huge fo a sedan and my rear seats fold down

SMUSHYBRAIN we have the same exact car. 07 DGM Limited. Dealer was very reluctant about ordering a limited since all they had was the SE, but I had to have the limited if I was not going to get the GT. The color is the best color Subaru makes!

Guest subiecity
Dude...how does your ass feel?

Most of us got GTs in the 25-26K range before taxes.:lol:

no i payed 23 and change for the car itself brand new, and then extended warranty+service package, vin etching and sodomized, all the good stuff after taxes and everything my final price 28 and change almost 29 still wrth it tho

Guest subiecity
:lol: You're stupid. So you had no desire to get a GT?

well at the time i just needed a car to get me around, and had NOO CLUE about legacy GT's i walked into one dealership to buy used wrx and ended up buying a new 2.5i in the same day i just needed a nice daily driver to get me from point A to point B, im certainly not dissapointed and plus with all the upgrades i put in, im really quite happy and would not trade my car now for the legacy GT, mine is just too nice to let go of

well at the time i just needed a car to get me around, and had NOO CLUE about legacy GT's i walked into one dealership to buy used wrx and ended up buying a new 2.5i in the same day i just needed a nice daily driver to get me from point A to point B, im certainly not dissapointed and plus with all the upgrades i put in, im really quite happy and would not trade my car now for the legacy GT, mine is just too nice to let go of

You certainly could of got a new WRX for 30k too! Money obviously wasn't an issue....how could you pick NA over boost!! &What was the point of the extended warranty if you were just going to void it?

Guest subiecity
You certainly could of got a new WRX for 30k too! Money obviously wasn't an issue....how could you pick NA over boost!! &What was the point of the extended warranty if you were just going to void it?

who said i was gonna void it? i did all the motor work myself and can easily be swaped back, not like i did anything HUUGE....and plus for the awd system if i goes b4 100k miles which im sure it will, then guess what......im covered, and i was only lookin for awd at the time for the winter time, the wrx was like 16k for sale, and had 30 k miles on it......then i went there and it already was sold

Guest subiecity
val its friday night, dont u have somthing to do, like go out.....or like your poor boyfreind, u spend more time on here then with the hubby:p

val its friday night, dont u have somthing to do, like go out.....or like your poor boyfreind, u spend more time on here then with the hubby:p

My poor boyfriend? :confused:

After a long day of school+work all I want to do is chill at home. I have a 10-7 work day ahead of me tomorrow.

The better question is why aren't you in Kisco running stop lights and speeding at this hour?

Guest subiecity
lol yea and i have a 7-5 work day and mine is actually LABOR WORKING..id gladly push carts in kisco parking lot:lol: then somehow slide an 1100 lb boiler out of flooded basemnt, and then drag a new one in..somhow, and then install it....so like im not tired whatta u think im doin home.....resting for a big day of stocking canned foods on shelves tomroow like u:p :p :p :lol:

lol yea and i have a 7-5 work day and mine is actually LABOR WORKING..id gladly push carts in kisco parking lot:lol: then somehow slide an 1100 lb boiler out of flooded basemnt, and then drag a new one in..somhow, and then install it....so like im not tired whatta u think im doin home.....resting for a big day of stocking canned foods on shelves tomroow like u:p :p :p :lol:

:confused:

I don't get the joke...

Do I work at a grocery store or something?

Guest subiecity
My poor boyfriend? :confused:

After a long day of school+work all I want to do is chill at home. I have a 10-7 work day ahead of me tomorrow.

The better question is why aren't you in Kisco running stop lights and speeding at this hour?

and pplus theres no one in kisco i like anymore, i did mention my last 3 good freinds form there passed away last year soo...its notthe same anymore i kinda ran outta freinds now:icon_roll , i kinda cruise thru there, idk kinda for old memories and shit, maybe il get lucky and see somone i kno but...then i realize there is no one

Guest subiecity
:confused:

I don't get the joke...

Do I work at a grocery store or something?

im just Fkin with u i kno how it feels to have to work and be exhausted props 2 u not many girls ur age actually attempt to work, not the ones i kno anyway , usually mommy and daddy take care of em at 18, so..ill hand it to u for actually busting sum ass and working

Guest subiecity
lol...'subiecity' hitting on 'val-z'...lololololol...

mmm no, me and val live like right next to each other in our towns and both drive a black 2.5i, she seems pretty chill but shes got a boyfreind and i have my 2.5i and my right hand so theres no competition.............:lol: , im just beeing kinda nice cuz one day i might run into her again and i dont want it to be bad blood:) but besides that she can go f*** herself:lol:

Archived