LegacyGT.com

Feb 2007 Sales Numbers

Jedi Pimp

they don't now. there's nothing special about a Subaru beyond: safety, AWD, and turbo motors.

safety, reliablity, awd, performance, resale, value. Not many manufacturers have all of those things in everything they sell.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

was in VA beach today and decided to go by RK Subaru to see what they had on the lot. 3 leggy sedans--1 gt--, and 1 NA wagon. dozens of imprezas, dozen forresters---which my wife was looking at, and a handful of OBs.

asked the sales lady where all the legacys were and her response was that as soon as they get 'em from SOA, they sell them, so they always have low stock. this rationale begs the question that if SOA gave dealers more legacys, would they sell more? that should be their main objective....it just doesn't seem like it tho......

it's just ugly. I couldn't even get my wife to sit in one after she saw it from across the dealer's lot. "no thanks" was all she said. It's really the perfect second vehicle for us, had it been somewhat more neutral in appearance. The '08 redesign needs to be a homerun to get the program on track.

Eggsactly, no one wants to drive an ugly car, no matter how good it is.

Cars are statements of what kind of person you are. Subaru really fvcked up big time with the Tribeca, they should have learned their lesson after the bugeye Impreza was universally condemned.

it's just ugly. I couldn't even get my wife to sit in one after she saw it from across the dealer's lot. "no thanks" was all she said. It's really the perfect second vehicle for us, had it been somewhat more neutral in appearance. The '08 redesign needs to be a homerun to get the program on track.

12345,,My wife and I on a lark decided to peruse our local Subaru /Nissan dealership(not a small dealership).They had quite an assortment of Imprezas/WRXs,1 GT sedan,and around 7-8 2.5i Legacys in sedan and wagon formats.Foresters were about 8-9 with a couple of XTs.Outbacks maybe 12

As we were strolling down the line and looking at new Maximas and Altimas my wife said"what kinda crazy looking Nissan is that?" Well it turned out to be 7 Tribecas in a row.I told her they were Subarus and she said "Holy Moly even if we still had little ones I wouldn't be seen in that ugly thing.What were they thinking?" My answer,"Hell if I know,I thinking their ugly as stink too.":(

Subaru better wake up and smell the roses or this Subaru fanboy family(we have owned 8 since 1994) may be looking at other brands.

When the fairly large Mazda CX7 goes for more tha $10,000 less than the Outback in Canada and includes a turbo and AWD... you know there is a problem with Subaru's market positioning.

SOC is on drugs when it comes to pricing higher end models of the Legacy and Outback in Canada...That's why all the Subaru you see are base impreza, WRX, base Forester and base Legacy and base Outback. Basically, if you want the H4 with 175hp you can get a decent price on a Subaru. As soon as you are looking at turbo models or H6 then their prices are on crack.

When the fairly large Mazda CX7 goes for more tha $10,000 less than the Outback in Canada and includes a turbo and AWD... you know there is a problem with Subaru's market positioning.

Yeah... and has anyone actually driven a CX7? Drives a lot like a pregnant yack. (Not that I have driven one of those, but I can just imagine the turning radius and acceleration lag... not to mention it's ability to keep control on ice.)

Subaru is suffering from a public not fully understanding what they are all about. Race cars? SUVs (that aren't SUVs)? Luxury? Baja's?!?! There is an identity crisis going on. I know I get it a lot when people jump into the Legacy for the first time... first it's "wow, this is really nice inside, I didn't thing Legacy's were this nice"... then it's "wow, how fast IS this car". No one really understands, until you show them.

Subaru needs to make a goal to get every person in the US to test drive a LGT, STI, or Outback. :icon_cool

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy][B]"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." -Jedi Master Yoda (I believe he was talking about the search tool)[URL="http://specb.jerkerstudios.com/"][/URL] [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Yeah... and has anyone actually driven a CX7? Drives a lot like a pregnant yack. (Not that I have driven one of those, but I can just imagine the turning radius and acceleration lag... not to mention it's ability to keep control on ice.)

Subaru is suffering from a public not fully understanding what they are all about. Race cars? SUVs (that aren't SUVs)? Luxury? Baja's?!?! There is an identity crisis going on. I know I get it a lot when people jump into the Legacy for the first time... first it's "wow, this is really nice inside, I didn't thing Legacy's were this nice"... then it's "wow, how fast IS this car". No one really understands, until you show them.

Subaru needs to make a goal to get every person in the US to test drive a LGT, STI, or Outback. :icon_cool

I agree but would you buy your LGT at 45 000K ? That's what they are asking for it here. Not the same price range as in the US at all.

;1054933']Down in Mexico, the price of the LGT sedan, in US dollars, is $35,390.

http://www.subaru.com.mx/legacy.html

(I like how Subaru Mexico is using a picture of a Legacy with New Jersey plates).

Well, nice to see how Subaru is pricing the LGT in 2 countries south of us and screwing us at the same time in Canada...:mad:

Well, nice to see how Subaru is pricing the LGT in 2 countries south of us and screwing us at the same time in Canada...:mad:
MSRP on the LGT sedan in Canada is C$40,295, which converts to US$34,305. That's cheaper than Mexico.

Quit your whining.

;1056245']MSRP on the LGT sedan in Canada is C$40,295, which converts to US$34,305. That's cheaper than Mexico.

Quit your whining.

Yeah but the Mexican legacy comes with wire 12" rims, air shocks, and shag dash carpet...

J/K

we'll all listen happily to your directives as soon as you quit being a jerk Jon. go back to turning wrenches on cars, or whatever it is that you do.

Thanks buddy. Seems John likes to think nobody deserves an opinion if it goes against his. We'll leave John alone...looks like that's how he likes it...alone. Now back on topic.

Archived