LegacyGT.com

I sent an e-mail to SOA

godwhomismike

I just filled out my purchase satisfaction survey online this morning. I should have copied and pasted my response in here but when they asked how my overall purchase went I laid into them.

The cliff notes are this was a miserable purchasing experience due to the fact that Subaru has elected to discontinue manufactuering the Legacy Wagon. What makes matters worse was the early cut off in production matched with the very limited assembly of wagons this model year. I was forced to purchase a non-GT (I wanted a GT) in a color I didn't care for...the color has grown on me... Furthermore the only reason I made my purchase is because my dealership went out of his way to find me one and had to trade with a dealership that was over 500 miles away! I am a person who trades cars every 2 years (often less) and this was my second Legacy in a row. I don't see myself returning to Subaru unless the product choices grow for the 09/10 model year.

Because this was a survey I don't expect a response but we'll see....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HA! maybe... made my wife a promise to keep this one at least 3 years which might be possible I actually like this car a lot...better than my 05 Legacy Sedan and knowing I can't replace this one with another new one might prolong my attachment to it. The lack of HP might wear me out but the gas mileage is compensating...

If things work out for you maybe you can keep it for more than 2 years :)

Yes, I don't see how you can juggles cars like that. I know Americans are famous for only keeping their cars for 5 - 6 years, but 2? Man, dont invest in a hybrid car. Most take 3 - 4 years to get your money back, unless you can get some money knocked off of one.

I decided I'd email them as well. Here's what I said:

I haven't emailed you guys in years. I've bought and sold several Subaru models over the years. I've owned an '84 GL wagon '93 Legacy Sport Sedan, a '92 SVX LS-L and now a '07 Spec.B. But the reason I'm sending you this email is because I've heard rumors that the Legacy wagon and 2.5GT wagon are being cut. To put it bluntly, I think that's stupid. I prefer sedans over wagons myself. But you really don't have a sustainable market for a Legacy wagon? Not everyone wants an Outback. Subaru has always offered wagons. I also want to mention that dropping your color choices to rather bland colors, albeit the Diamond gray Metallic on my Spec is nice, like blue, black, white, navy, silver and gray is missing how cool it would be to have a little more eye catching colors. I used to work for Lancaster County Motors, (private dealer code removed), so I know that you can't please everyone all the time. I now work for a farm equipment company and understand that production limitations don't allow for a huge range of colors and options. But let me put it to you this way, if I'm spending $34,000 on a car, I would at least like the option of what color I want. In fact I listed in a survey I was sent that what I would most want changed about my car was more color options. So take this email for what it's worth. Input from a die hard Subaru fan. Look at what some of the message boards are saying. And keep up what you are doing right. Thanks

For whatever reason Subaru has a loyal customer base, but they're not giving us all that much in return. Sure, the staple, AWD and now a turbo, but limited color choices, limited engine options, limited features, yet the prices increase. Tremendous safety is in their favor I suppose. Afterall, the Legacy has had at least a 4 star frontal crash test rating from the beginning. Pretty good for an early 90s niche company.

Archived