LegacyGT.com

Spec.B Bilstein compatible springs?

ERLoft

rallysquirrel ... I'm very interested to know what you report for the fully loaded car with the 245's. Keep us posted, please.

BTW - I'm still amazed we haven't seen each other on my numerous trips through the capital district.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I've driven an 07 spec.B with Pinks (someone else's), I'm really sold on that combination. I was expecting them to be harsher than I want. I was wrong. Way wrong. The combination is dialed right in to where I want it to be: a balance between performance and sticking to the road and comfort for daily driving.

Now I just need to go make it happen.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 3 weeks later...
I have the swifts on the stock struts. Needless to say, im changing them saturday cause i cant take the bouncyness anymore

You took the springs out? I'm wondering if there will be less bouncyness with the my rev c bilsteins over the stock struts when paired with the swifts.

notice that "onesillyracer" put the swifts on the stock LGT struts.

I'm starting to like the combination even if a little rough on the eneven streets. I've hit the bumpstops 2x so far going over a manhole cover about 3" deep going around a turn.

• 2 weeks later...
The STi's are your best bet for staying off the bumpstops. The others are stiffer, but also lower to start with. I'm on Rev A, and pinks. No problems hitting the bumpstops.

Warren

Are the specific spec b pink springs (those designed for the JDM SPEC B BLISTEINS) stiffer or softer compared to the plain jane pinks, I have been looking for spring rates but cannot find them.

How do you like your setup, I am getting one similar to that soon :)

You also list STI Pinks for the Spec B with the drop of 15mm (1 1/4")...and 15mm (1?") 1"=25.4mm.

Why does it say 15mm and then paranthesis 1 1/4 inch when you need to drop the car 25.4mm for it to be an inch?

I have sedan specific pinks. The Spec B in America comes w/ the same springs as the other LGT's, I believe, no pinks. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm very fond of my setup. No one complains about the ride, which is probably a better test than my own tolerance level, which is generally higher.

Warren

I have sedan specific pinks. The Spec B in America comes w/ the same springs as the other LGT's, I believe, no pinks. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm very fond of my setup. No one complains about the ride, which is probably a better test than my own tolerance level, which is generally higher.

Warren

But spec b specific pinks refers to JDM SPEC B not the USDM spec b struts which are really just JDM GT Rev C.

• 2 weeks later...
of course i own the black sheep(blame my wife). I have an 08 2.5i Auto legacy sedan. Looking for a comfortable ride a little lower(say an 1-1.5" lower all around). If i use the stock shocks...what is the recommended spring i should use. something slightly sporty...but still comfortable daily. The spring issue is very confusing unless your someone that knows the background of springs/these vehicles. I hear sti pink usdm, jdm spec b pinks, wagon springs, sedan springs, ion's/swifts you name it. I can get tein basics for around 680 through my contact..is that the better option...or i can get hks ls+ for 750 picked up(suppose to be comfortable). just trying to do it cheaply without killing my wallet yet still be happy. suggestions?

Archived