LegacyGT.com

2007 legacy wagon 5-spd auto gas mileage...

Suby4me

I'm newbie here in this forum and very interested in purchasing 2.5GT Legacy wagon auto but why does Subaru has such a bad mileage on both local and highway?

For instance BMW 335i gets 30 mpg on HW and over 20mpg on local. I thought turbo engines supposed to be more gas efficient and lighter than V6 which should give better mpg than convential vehicles.

What is your average mpg? Your feedback is greately appriciated.

BTW, can chipping ECU help with gas mileage since it runs on leaner fuel curve and advanced timing and etc.

Cheers

Alltime 4WD, drivetrain losses, performance oriented = Not so good for MPG

Back when i was e-tuned Stage 2, i was getting 18-19 mpg in very mixed city/highway driving.

Nowadays, i get roughly 17mpg. Its worse, but all things considered, the drop wasn't too bad.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Hey Suby4me,

If you do a search on MPG in the Main forum you'll find a few HUGE threads on people's average MPG.

There are numerous reasons for the wide range of fluctuation in the MPG for the Legacy. "Lead Foot" being the #1 reason for bad MPG :lol::icon_wink.

In all seriousness, when you drive the Legacy GT, you'll understand. :) It's SO FUN, and the Boost and Torque is very addicting and exciting ;).

But when things settle down (daily commuting, "settling down" and staying calm), the MPG can be solid.

For me (basic Stage 2), I get about ~22-24 MPG (about ~310-340 Miles on a Full Tank of Gas). It all depends on how much crazy/fun driving you do.

Peace~

• 2 weeks later...
Go with a larger turbo.....I managed just over 29mpg on a recent road trip keeping th cruise set on 78:):)

Yup! With my SZ55 I'm getting about 28 mpg on the freeway if I stay out of the throttle and just cruise. If I lay into it, I can just watch the gauge and see the tank get sucked dry!:lol: Before the turbo swap I got about 25 mpg on the freeway. Not bad for an AWD performance sedan.

it'll spool up at a higher RPM, one you probably won't reach unless you're mashing on it. Usually if you're cruising and every so often accelerating with the stock turbo the stock turbo is built for good response.

Archived