LegacyGT.com

What's the most "American" liquor?

Prod

IMO it would be bookers because when i think of an american liquor i think of the best bourbon i have had.

in terms of overall prevalence and "household name" factor i would say jack daniels

Gumby's Jack recipe: 1 pint glass filled with ice, half fill with Jack, half fill with Coke. Don't you wish all recipies were that easy?

I missed your recipe when I read your post the first time! I love jack + coke + rocks. I have to be careful though, I set my drink down once and my fiance took a drink from it, thinking it was just straight coke. I thought that she was going to vomit on the spot :lol:

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Historically? Rum.

The triangle trade was comprised of primarily New England cargo ships bringing rum to Africa, where it was traded for slaves. Then the slaves were brought to the West Indies sugar cane plantations, where they were traded for molasses. The molasses was brought home to be distilled or used to make candy. The Sugar Act in 1764 to tax sugar, molasses and tea (although partially repealed in 1770) was arguably the first of the "Intolerable Acts" that led to the Revolution.

Ironically, although New England ships largely enabled the slave trade, the region later became the center of the Abolition movement. This set them against wealthy South Carolina planters, who had exported the West Indian agricultural system. Most other forms of Southern agriculture could have been profitable without slavery.

In Germany, the most American of liquors was considered to be "Whisky."

Who Dares Wins

スバル

True Bourbon Whisky is only made in Kentucky. So I say Bourbon. i.e. Jim Beam, Makers, Wild Turkey, Old Crow, etc.

+1

True, Burbon is the way to go. Knobb Creek and Woodford Reserve and a few others that are good.

But I would say that Jack Daniels has the highest "Q" rating of all of them. Most people would say Jack if they think of "American" liquor.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Archived