LegacyGT.com

Car was broken into with such ease!

My Leggy was broken into last night and I have decided that I must get an alarm. All the person did was lodge something between the window and car then pop the window off the motor. The mechanic at my local subi shop showed me how to do it and it is rediculous how easy it is. Luckily nothing of any major importance was taken but I am really taken back by this. I think the upgrade alarm will cost about $100, which is nice.

While I was at the dealership waiting to get the window back in place I decided to go for a drive in a new STI. WOW!!! The sales associate let me open her up and gave me some compliments on my driving abilities. I cannot image how many idiots that they have come drive this power machine and scare the hell out of them. I want this engine and handleing in a leggy NOW!!!!!

The locksmiths don't use slim jims any more

They come out with the air bag that slips between your door and the car

The air bag is pumped up like a blood pressure testing sleeve. Once there is enough space then they use a flexible stick to push your unlock button inside your car.

I had to pay some guy $70 to do this... I was so pissed

G.T. Subie- THe shop quoted me about $150, I just remember it was a good price for a perimeter. Not sur if this is the installed price.

Hogsaust- My subie did not come from the factory with an alarm. I found the car in the morning with an open door.

The locksmiths don't use slim jims any more

They come out with the air bag that slips between your door and the car

The air bag is pumped up like a blood pressure testing sleeve. Once there is enough space then they use a flexible stick to push your unlock button inside your car.

I had to pay some guy $70 to do this... I was so pissed

took me 30 seconds to get in my car with this method....scary thing is anyone can buy the wedge tool and air bladder

Hogsaust- My subie did not come from the factory with an alarm. I found the car in the morning with an open door.

Like John M said, they all come with a basic alarm. When the corner lights flash when you lock or unlock the car, that is the alarm arming and disarming. The alarm will go off if any doors, the hood or the trunk are opened without disarming it. If you want to test it, try doing what hogmeat suggested.

if your alarm didn't go off... check to see if the alarm is set in valet mode.

check your manual. i set my factory alarm to valet mode because for some reason my remote start via viper alarm keeps managing to trip the alarm.

but i have a feeling that if your alarm isn't going off.. that its just probably in valet mode.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Maybe this was a blessing...did they eff-up the door at all? Replacing glass is preferable in my book to having to have metal work and painting done on the door. This is why you leave NOTHING in your car that will tempt the cretins of the planet.
It is still ugly.

Its funny...for the first time today i got out of the car and locked the doors...when i wen to get in i just reached in the open window and unlocked the door. then opened the door...setting the alarm off. LOL

I used to hang with repo guys..they can get into just about any car in seconds.

Its funny...for the first time today i got out of the car and locked the doors...when i wen to get in i just reached in the open window and unlocked the door. then opened the door...setting the alarm off.

Why are your windows down in Feb in Pa??

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Thanks guys! The alarm was not on so I checked the manual and now it works. Luckily when they popped the window off the motor they did not mess the window up or anything else.

My window was broken in SF and the person stole my change about three months ago. That time they messed up the paint bad.

Hogzaust- Despite my drunken state I double checked that it was locked before I skated home.

Archived