LegacyGT.com

LGT vs MAZDASPEED 6

Under ideal conditions it's a drivers race with the nod going to the LGT. The problem is once the temps warm up the speed6 really has heatsoak issues.

I've seen dyno #'s over this past summer where several cars were under 190whp.

There is no doubt the MS3 may actually be quicker than the 6

Our cars on the same dynos are putting down about 195whp & we have a weight advantage;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

won't know for sure until the hotter summer months arrive here in So.Cal if the same heatsoak issues apply to the MS3.

I can tell you that the manifold that feeds air from the grill into the TMIC on the MS3 appears much better designed than on the MS6. the pass-thrus are wider and much less obstructed than on the 6.

if heatsoak does rear its ugly head, then I'll install a FMIC kit.

owning & driving a MS3 nowadays, I can tell you not to take one for granted.

this little FWD'er motors along pretty darn nicely!

can't wait for Cobb to release the new AP v2.0 for us Mazda guys by summertime.

minus allwheel drive vs. front wheel drive, which I know is a HUGE difference, do you think a MS3 is faster then an LGT? stock, stage 1, stage 2 etc?

Semper Fi.

won't know for sure until the hotter summer months arrive here in So.Cal if the same heatsoak issues apply to the MS3.

I can tell you that the manifold that feeds air from the grill into the TMIC on the MS3 appears much better designed than on the MS6. the pass-thrus are wider and much less obstructed than on the 6.

if heatsoak does rear its ugly head, then I'll install a FMIC kit.

So there is a aftermarket for them?

Are there many options @ this time for performance items?

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

ummmm, I'm really, really trying to resist the mod urge this time around but so far I'm falling off the wagon pretty badly.

ordered so far: stiffer rear engine mount, shifter bushings, race pipe (catless mid-pipe), boost gauge, and 4-set of angel eyes

likely to order: TurboXS catless DP, Mazdaspeed CAI

can't wait to order: Cobb AP v2.0

not bad really.

engine mount $80 bucks

stiffer bushings $40 bucks

racing pipe: $125 bucks (w/ a flex joint)

TXS DP isn't released yet (2-3 weeks out) saw pricing around $300 bucks

Mazdaspeed CAI is kinda pricey at $310 bucks....but its CARB-certified and it won't invalidate the warranty.

of course, going catless on the exhaust puts the warranty in jeopardy

what yall think will have more power on the track of course?

Drag or Auto-X? If your talking auto-X, the LGT. The MS6 is a heavy portly pig. The MS3 may be able to take the LGT as it is lighter and more nimble. Stock for stock the MS3 suspension is better.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

It depends on what trim level of MS6 you are racing against.

I hear the barebones model is lighter and thus a few tenths faster in the 1/4 than the loaded model.

Generally tho it should be a drivers race, but if its vs the barebones MS6 it could run a high 13 second 1/4

It depends on what trim level of MS6 you are racing against.

I hear the barebones model is lighter and thus a few tenths faster in the 1/4 than the loaded model.

Generally tho it should be a drivers race, but if its vs the barebones MS6 it could run a high 13 second 1/4

The difference between the MS6 Sport and GT is that the GT has leather seats, drivers seat is power, heated seats and mirrors, and keyless entry/start system. They are essentially the same weight (3600lbs).

were the extra 20hp coming from. its a 2.3l. id love to have a 6th gear and 20 more horses but i love my lgt and will never get rid of it. except for the lgt sti

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

were the extra 20hp coming from. its a 2.3l. id love to have a 6th gear and 20 more horses but i love my lgt and will never get rid of it. except for the lgt sti

Mazda has tuned the thing to the point that the injectors are nearly maxed out.

The difference between the MS6 Sport and GT is that the GT has leather seats, drivers seat is power, heated seats and mirrors, and keyless entry/start system. They are essentially the same weight (3600lbs).

Since when is a LGT Limited 3600 lbs? Maybe the wagon, but the sedan is about 3400

Since when is a LGT Limited 3600 lbs? Maybe the wagon, but the sedan is about 3400

Hes referring to the MS6 Sport VS MS6 GT

For some reason I think all those extra options on the MS6 GT would add weight. They do on an LGT.

My buddy has a ms6 grand touring and he took my wife and I with his wife out to our other friends home over the weekend. I am stage 1 in my LGT and his car "felt" faster, not sure why. Does it have more torque? Either way they are both pretty fast, and maybe in the winter months (like it is in SLC) his would get the nod.

Are you sure they only weight 3600 pounds? I thought they were close to 3800, I am probably wrong though :)

My buddy has a ms6 grand touring and he took my wife and I with his wife out to our other friends home over the weekend. I am stage 1 in my LGT and his car "felt" faster, not sure why. Does it have more torque? Either way they are both pretty fast, and maybe in the winter months (like it is in SLC) his would get the nod.

Are you sure they only weight 3600 pounds? I thought they were close to 3800, I am probably wrong though :)

Yeah they make quite a bit more torque (and hp) than the LGT, still near neck in neck performance tho.

That said everytime Im in the passenger seat of any car (including my LGT) it always feels faster than when you are in the drivers seat.

just received my MS3 "race pipe" today - its a catless midpipe with a flex joint that replaces the 2nd cat (only 2 total). connects the DP to the CBE. its 3" stainless pipe. honestly not sure yet if the stock exhaust is 3" all the way since I haven't been under the car yet. (Jose was but we didn't look closely).

can you believe it? $125 bucks shipped! including a set of copper gaskets and fasteners. looks like modding the MS3 is gonna be more like a WRX price-wise.

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2643/dscn0161mr8.jpg

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4235/dscn0163wy1.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7873/dscn0165oe9.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9439/dscn0167td8.jpg

Archived