LegacyGT.com

No more 07 orders

Sponge

Stopped in the dealership today and the sales manager said he can't get any more 07's...they done...he can order 08's though? I inquired about ordering a new wagon because he only has two (blue and white) not in the color I would want.

Confirmed what we have already seen in other threads too. LGT/2.5i wagon and Outback Sedan is dead for 08.

Simply put want a wagon get an Outback...want a sedan get a Legacy

He can still order Impreza's and Forester's but sees that coming to end very soon too...except STi's he has two more due in but doesn't expect any more after that. SMOKIN' 2K rebate on Forester X and B9 5 passenger right now too...

He shot me a pretty good deal on a 07LGT demo and its killing me that I have to buy my wife a car right now...think I'll wait. I want telescoping wheel more than anything right now.

So should we see 08's hitting show room's a little earlier than normal maybe June/July?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
interesting. I had my husband verify the latest we could order his 07 STI and we were told by our sales manager April/May. Never asked about an LGT. I'd call another dealer and verify he's not just trying to sell that demo to you.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

With what your saying on the STi matches with what he's saying...he told me about the no more orders prior to us even discussing a car for me. We were talking about the Forester I am getting my wife at the time.

I was going to get one of the new Sports model but there is a $1,500 difference in the rebate and I just can't justify the difference in price for a grill and different interior fabric...that most won't notice anyway.

As for the difference we know as much as he would at this point I think. He was using Google like we would to search for 08 Forester/WRX pics.

I know this has been reported in many other threads, but I wanted to post the response I got from Subaru after sending them an email this morning:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru web site and for your message!

There will be no standard Legacy or Legacy GT wagon for 2008, only the Legacy Outback Wagon. The standard Legacy and Legacy GT will be available in sedan versions only.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Samir Hasan

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

I guess this means that I should start trolling the Outback forums.

We were talking about the Forester I am getting my wife at the time.

I was going to get one of the new Sports model but there is a $1,500 difference in the rebate and I just can't justify the difference in price for a grill and different interior fabric...that most won't notice anyway.

Don't you think your wife deserves VDC? Forester Sports is the only way to get VDC in that model line.

This has been previously covered, but we will be seeing the '08 Legacy in late April to mid May. That has been the norm with all the re-designs over the years.

02 Impreza/WRX came out in March '01, '03 Forester came out in May '02, the '05 Legacy came out in May '04 ... and so on.

To start off, I know I should be doing something better with my free time on weekends. I just did a search of California's inventory of Legacy GT's. Here are my findings:

7 Spec B's

50 5EAT's

21 5MT's

3 Wagons (2 DGM, 1 SWP)

Total of 81 GT's.

To start off, I know I should be doing something better with my free time on weekends. I just did a search of California's inventory of Legacy GT's. Here are my findings:

7 Spec B's

50 5EAT's

21 5MT's

3 Wagons (2 DGM, 1 SWP)

Total of 81 GT's.

Ouch, only 3 wagons? I guess I'm stuck with the OB XT.

Archived