LegacyGT.com

Review: Pink Springs vs KW Variants

burnin4

I would like to share my opinions about the pink springs/stock struts and KW Variant coilovers. I used the pink springs on my 05 lgt for about 6 months, then recently installed the KW Variants. Hopefully my feedback will help others in the future.

imo, the pink springs were terrible. my car sat too low and rode rough and sloppy. No one could ride in my back seats because it was too rough and my exhaust would drag on any kind of bump. The stock struts are not a good match for the pink springs, they would routinely bank/bottom out on hard bumps. My front tires would rub the insides of the fenders, which left rings/cuts on the sidewalls of my tires, I have 18x8 BBS RE's with 235/40-18's. My stock endlinks would rub on my axles, which ate away from the apex of the rear plastic endlinks. I have 2 polished spots on my rear axles where my endlinks were rubbing.

anyway, on to the glory :icon_bigg ...the kw's changed everything. I was able to raise my car to the exact height I desired. No more rubbing!!! The dampening of the kw's are excellent, my car doesnt bottom out on any bumps. I was actually going out of my way to hit bumps after installing the coilovers :lol: , whereas I was previously dodging every bump in the road with my pinks. My car just feels more stable at any speeds, both in the city and on the highway. I couldnt be happier :icon_mrgr I will never install a set of springs, going straight for the coilovers.

So, for anyone considering pink springs vs kw's, spend the extra money and get the coilovers. I bought my coilovers from Myles at Racecomp, he gave me a great deal and spent a lot of time helping me.

here's a few pics...

pinks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/burnin4/DSCN0703.jpg?t=1170979390

Pinks lowered ur car that much???

i have a spec-b and i really want to get pinks because i heard they spec-b blisteins and pinks are excellent match.. but i thought pinks dont lower the car as much as i want.. at least on paper..

but it looks like pinks over lowered ur car.. hmm... ?

Pinks will lower SpecB 15mm all around. Pinks are designed for the Bilsteins. Pinks installed on stockers are CRAP, as evidenced by this review. OTOH, on Bilsteins they are :icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr.

Speaking of which I have GT AT Pinks for sale. Perfect match for you SpecB (which has JDM GT Bilsteins, not JDM SpecB), especially if you have 2007 SpecB with 6MT manual which is as heavy as AT, if not heavier.

The differences in Pinks are to comensate for differences in weights (transmission/wagon/sedan).

^ +1 on that. I have ridden in KW (i was in the back seat) and Bilstein/Pink (front seat). I say the KWs give a lot more road feel (on soft setting I think) compared to the Bilstein/Pink combo. For everyday driving and subtle drop, go Bilstein/Pink. For weekend track warriors go KW or any other coilover.

and yes, pinks are designed for Bilsteins not USDM KYB struts.

Archived