LegacyGT.com

Xenonk & Pink Springs Next

MtnSub

Stay tuned, Xenonk just installed Pink Sti springs on a stock LegGT and is going to provide experienced review of ride feel, body roll, instal etc. The real world scoop on what we have been jabering about is on the way. Xenonk doesn't talk about it, he does it yesterday. Could this be the magic cure for a slightly undersprung LegGT for daily street driving?

[quote name='MtnSub']Stay tuned, Xenonk just installed Pink Sti springs on a stock LegGT and is going to provide experienced review of ride feel, body roll, instal etc. The real world scoop on what we have been jabering about is on the way. Xenonk doesn't talk about it, he does it yesterday. Could this be the magic cure for a slightly undersprung LegGT for daily street driving?[/QUOTE] Will be interested to see what he finds. Although I would like slightly more drop than what the pink springs give ya.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I meant in the drop of the car and the performance you get out of coilovers is SOO worth it. It's been a busy month for me working with other cars and as well as autocrossing, track days, meets, events, and not to forget to mention working with Racecomp to get some things all squared away on certain items for what my GT should have/do. I think over these past 3 weeks, I have probably worked on 15 different cars.. and this is all on my 'spare' time AFTER my 9-5 job. If it wasn't for the other cars and such, I would have finished the install on my own car by now, drive the car for about 100 miles, and give you my impression of them already. Keefe
Keefe

I have only done part of the work last night, I installed the STi springs onto the stock shocks I had laying around from my GT. Let's just say that was only a 35 minute job.. it took about 45 mins because I was taking pictures of the install process and comparison pictures for you all to post up once I am done.. so the only thing left is taking pics of the Racecomp Engineering's Stock Silver GT with the stock shocks, and then do the remaining part of the install, drive around for about 20 some odd miles for the springs to settled down and get seated (the STi JDM instructions say that it probably takes about 60 miles for them to settle into place), and take the final result of the pics in the exact location to show you the difference. STi only claims 15mm drop, which is next to nothing (just under 0.6" drop). It's the ride quality under acceleration and cornering that will change. Just to give you a comparison, my Zeal Coilover spring rates are 8kg front and 6kg rear. The STi Spring rates are 4kg front, 6kg rear. Most likely, I am going to assume the rear end wont squat as much through a turn and thus leveling off the car to the two outside wheels for grip, rather than the outside rear tire to grip. The softer spring rate in the front will keep the car in a better sense of control for PANIC mid-corner braking situations, so that the back end wont come loose on you (SO LONG AS YOU APPLY THE BRAKES SMOOTHLY, DONT STAB ON THE BRAKES). You will still feel the car go into a headdive (just as stock springs would), which should tell you to steer the wheel accordingly for the tires to grip appropriately, so in most cases, straighten out the wheel some when braking to get the most out of the braking. The car should do less of a head dive than stock springs, so that you can have more time to spend your grip on 4 tires than just on the 2 front tires. For my Zeals, if you brake in mid-corner like that (due to 2x the spring rate in the front), expect the car to get really loose really quickly. Bare with me all, as I am hoping to finish this project with Racecomp Engineering by this Saturday night as I will be at a Subaru Meet at [url]www.fastwrx.com[/url] (aka MachV Motorsports in Sterling, VA). Thank you all for your patience. I am sure Racecomp Engineering will be the one doing the road test write-up on this matter and let you all know what to expect from such upgrade alone. Keefe
Keefe

Yeah, I know what you guys mean, Racecomp Engineering and I are working around the clock to get things done with this car.. I am no Paul Hansen, but I am trying to represent more of the USDM market GT owner that wants the most performance out of their car in a well-rounded aspect, and Racecomp Engineering is doing everything they can to help me make it happen ASAP. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='Xenonk'] Bare with me all, as I am hoping to finish this project with Racecomp Engineering by this Saturday night as I will be at a Subaru Meet at [url]www.fastwrx.com[/url] (aka MachV Motorsports in Sterling, VA). Thank you all for your patience. I am sure Racecomp Engineering will be the one doing the road test write-up on this matter and let you all know what to expect from such upgrade alone. Keefe[/QUOTE] For all those in the DC area, here is the thread on NASIOC about the meet this weekend: [url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636361[/url] Keefe - are those guys the same ones from CDE Motorsports before they closed and started the new business? I have been chatting with Myles about getting work done at RaceComp, but am closer to the guys in Sterling. I live in Leesburg, so not too far to head out to SPR either. -Dan

I dont recall them being CDE.. I do know that they have been around for 2 to 3 years now down in Fairfax area on the inner side of the beltway... they just moved out to Sterling for a better facility. Yea, I noticed you are from Leesburg.. so I guess I'll see you on Saturday? Keefe
Keefe

Yeah, CDE was in Merrifield across from BMW of Fairfax and the Dinan shop. I am not sure exactly what happened, but I think the CDE business was owned by one of the guy's dads, who was the distributor up in PA. He died suddely, and CDE had to be shut down (not sure why). Ultimate Perf. opened up soon after in Sterling and the old CDE website forwarded to Ultimate (same guys). It might be that Ultimate and Mach V are different shops, but it looks like they share space now in Sterling. I used to work at Myer-Emco, so we traded alot of leads....CDE would do the mods and we would do the audio stuff. We did alot of work on the Redskin's cars.....CDE would do rims and bolt-on stuff. They were also a race-prep shop - Lisa Kubo's east-coast support (I think). We will try to make it by on Sat - I would love to chat some with you and check out what you have done so far on your car. I am trying to plan out my parts purchases now. We have the day planned for framing on the deck we are building, but if it rains that is a non-starter. Plus, we are trying to sell the '03 WRX wagon and '02 Wrangler and need to be available if I get calls from the ads we ran, as my '05 LGT wagon arrives in two weeks and a Cooper S convertible a few weeks after that. Do you think there would be any potential buyers there, or mostly people with cars already who are showin them off?

btw kids, some install pics of the springs for your thirsty eyes: [img]http://www.speedoptions.com/members/38458/40461/pic45.jpg[/img][img]http://www.speedoptions.com/members/38458/40461/pic47.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.speedoptions.com/members/38458/40461/pic46.jpg[/img][img]http://www.speedoptions.com/members/38458/40461/pic56.jpg[/img] Just look for Racecomp Engineering's post on how they drive soon. Goto the SUSPENSION forum to see it in the future. Keefe
Keefe

This conversation started in the pictures forum and quickly got very interesting, so I started this thread to alert people in brakes/suspension topic that some great work had been done in Coasta Rica and was being advanced by Xenonk. I thought I started this thread in the brakes/suspension forum, but maybe I clicked below it. I went looking for updates in brakes/suspension and was surprised to find it in wheels/tires.

[quote name='MtnSub']This conversation started in the pictures forum and quickly got very interesting, so I started this thread to alert people in brakes/suspension topic that some great work had been done in Coasta Rica and was being advanced by Xenonk. I thought I started this thread in the brakes/suspension forum, but maybe I clicked below it. I went looking for updates in brakes/suspension and was surprised to find it in wheels/tires.[/QUOTE] Costa Rica? Stryker and his buddies are in Puerto Rico. Is that what you were referring to?

haha, hold on Dave, we are working on it as fast as we can.. there's also a set of JDM Swift Springs that are available for the GT that I am aware of.. Racecomp and I havent got around to doing anything with those yet. If you are interested or want to know more on the Swift Springs, give Racecomp Engineering an email or a call. There's also a set of Lithe Springs for the JDM Bilsteins as well (Japanese MSRP is around $500 for these babies). From the looks of it, it should also bolt up to the USDM shocks.. the only problem is that you will bump into a mis-match setup from the aftermarket springs to stock shocks, which are the things that I am here to check and test out. Anyways, here is a pic for the Lithe Springs: [img]http://www.prs.jp/product/cata_image/legacy/spring_blbp.jpg[/img] Keefe
Keefe

Oh yea, some more eye candy for you all that are into some different possible set ups.. here is a picture of the BE/BH chassis Bilstein coilover setup with Lithe Springs in the rear and Swift Springs in the front. [img]http://www.prs.jp/product/cata_image/legacy/sus_kit.jpg[/img] Keefe
Keefe

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Xenonk']Oh yea, some more eye candy for you all that are into some different possible set ups.. here is a picture of the BE/BH chassis Bilstein coilover setup with Lithe Springs in the rear and Swift Springs in the front. [img]http://www.prs.jp/product/cata_image/legacy/sus_kit.jpg[/img] Keefe[/QUOTE]

boy, i'll say so on the eye candy remark. that setup looks crazy sexy. anyways, i'm sorry if i'm not totally in tune with the nomenclature yet, but it seems that the STi pinks are obviously gonna work with the USDM cars, what about the Swifts? 1.25" drop is what i'm looiking for, and i'm not familiar with the JDM Bilstein/USDM crossover ability yet. basically, what i wanna know, is whether or not the Swifts will work with the USDM car or not. thanks

Archived