LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy Exterior Accesories

Tide

Rocker Panel Trim Kits for the 2.5GT and 2.5 GT Limited models are now becoming available to your local dealer. These replace the stock rocker panel with one that features a stylish chrome finish insert as can be seen below. They are available color matched for each vehicle. Prices are roughly $295.

The second new item is Color-Matched Fog Lamp Trim Covers for the 2.5i models. These replace the black covers originally made available, which have now been discontinued. Prices are roughly $368. The covers alone are available separately for about $17.50.

Ordering Information

Accy. Code Part Number Description

Q5Z E2610AG000DO Rocker Panel Trim - Regal Blue Pearl

Q5Y E2610AG000DU Rocker Panel Trim - Atlantic Blue Pearl

P5H E2610AG000TM Rocker Panel Trim - Brilliant Silver Metallic

P5I E2610AG000UH Rocker Panel Trim - Garnet Red Pearl

Q5T E2610AG000VH Rocker Panel Trim - Obsidian Black

P5J E2610AG000WH Rocker Panel Trim - Satin White Pearl

Q5D H4510AG030 Fog Lamp Kit

57731AG80ATE Fog Lamp Trim Cover-Brilliant Silver Metallic-RH

57731AG81ATE Fog Lamp Trim Cover-Brilliant Silver Metallic-LH

Q5E H4510AG030 Fog Lamp Kit

57731AG80AVW Fog Lamp Trim Cover-Obsidian Black Pearl-RH

57731AG81AVW Fog Lamp Trim Cover-Obsidian Black Pearl- LH

Q5F H4510AG030 Fog Lamp Kit

57731AG80ABE Fog Lamp Trim Cover-Atlantic Blue Pearl-RH

57731AG81ABE Fog Lamp Trim Cover-Atlantic Blue Pearl-LH

Q5G H4510AG030 Fog Lamp Kit

57731AG80ABH Fog Lamp Trim Cover-Regal Blue-RH

57731AG81ABH Fog Lamp Trim Cover-Regal Blue-LH

Q5H H4510AG030 Fog Lamp Kit

57731AG80AWH Fog Lamp Trim Cover-Satin White Pearl-RH

57731AG81AWH Fog Lamp Trim Cover-Satin White Pearl-LH

rockerpanel.jpg.d1a5f3a7b0924b113c2906f3d6151d64.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting stuff.

I wish they had a chrome/satin metal trim kit for the side window line, either just from the side mirror to the base of the C pillar, or around the whole side window area, kinda like the A4 3.0

Too bad the fog light pockets are no longer available in unpainted black. I saw a silver 2.5i Ltd at the dealer a while ago, and it looked good with the black foglight pockets, it made the front end look lighter and more open. I guess painted obsidian black is the other option, or use the pocket trim peice as a "buck" to fab up some black mesh versions.

• 3 weeks later...

I was at Oldham's Subaru in Lexington, KY helping a friend with buying a new Legacy, and noticed that all 5 of the GT's (two silver, one black, and one garnet red -- all Limiteds) on the lot had the Chrome Finish Rocker Panels and spoilers on them.

Does this seem to be the norm? These were all installed at the factory.

I have to say that I was not too impressed with either option. I think the spoiler messes with the clean lines, and I just don't know what to think of that chrome strip down the side.

My buddy and his wife is looking at a black GT Limited with the beige interior, and I have to say that is a nice color combination. Not as sporty as my Garnet with Black interior, but I would say more airy and luxurious looking.

Also, I think 4 of them had the homelink mirror on them. These three items, plus the subwoofer and floor mats pushed the sticker over $31K!

By the way, if anyone is interested, they are selling them at $100 below invoice now. Not sure for how long, though.

Rob

Rob, how have your dealings with Oldhams been? I live in eastern KY so Oldhams is the main dealer we go to, and almost every time we've been there they've been complete a**holes with us. We went to look at a WRX a little while ago and, rather than let us test drive it, they kept us inside for about a half hour trying to get us to purchase while we kept telling them we WERE NOT READY TO PURCHASE at the time, and when they finally understood it they just literally walked out and left us sitting in the office to let ourselves out. We'll probably be getting a LGT here pretty soon and I'm thinkin that when the time comes it'll be either Huffman or Bachman in Louisville.

Although we've had a lot of bad experiences with Oldham's, they did let me test drive an STi and a 5sp LGT sedan in one day on another visit, so I can't complain too bad. :D

Sorry to get so bad off topic, I'm just surprised to see another KY person here.

Rob, how have your dealings with Oldhams been? I live in eastern KY so Oldhams is the main dealer we go to, and almost every time we've been there they've been complete a**holes with us. We went to look at a WRX a little while ago and, rather than let us test drive it, they kept us inside for about a half hour trying to get us to purchase while we kept telling them we WERE NOT READY TO PURCHASE at the time, and when they finally understood it they just literally walked out and left us sitting in the office to let ourselves out. We'll probably be getting a LGT here pretty soon and I'm thinkin that when the time comes it'll be either Huffman or Bachman in Louisville.

Although we've had a lot of bad experiences with Oldham's, they did let me test drive an STi and a 5sp LGT sedan in one day on another visit, so I can't complain too bad. :D

Sorry to get so bad off topic, I'm just surprised to see another KY person here.

Nice to see a fellow Kentuckian!

I just sent you a PM, so we can talk more about your experience. Oldham's has been top notch to me, and they really move the cars.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Do you have any pictures of the fog lamp covers... also i dont understand what you mean by a kit is 368, but they're available seperataly for 18 bucks... does the kit include the actual fog lamps?

edit: ya i feel like an idiot

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Rob, how have your dealings with Oldhams been? I live in eastern KY so Oldhams is the main dealer we go to, and almost every time we've been there they've been complete a**holes with us.

We have a lot of people come to knoxville from KY for service for that reason. I have never had any dealings with them but have heard very similar stories from a lot of people...especially WRX/STI owners.

• 3 months later...
Question ? Why do all of the Legacy's have the third tail light on the rear trunk deck inside if the gt comes with a stock spolier?. I have an sei and the rocker panel/ spoiler was an add on so I can understand the 3rd tail light on mine.

The spoiler is optional on the GT also.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

• 1 month later...
it comes on normal lgts and 2.5i sedans too.

Fair dinkum?:iam: We get ripped again.

I got a price for the wagon GT in OZ that misses out on them and you have to buy the whole skirt with integrated chrome bit.....cost......sitting down?

Doing the conversion about $650 USA per side. BS!

Rob.

Fair dinkum?:iam: We get ripped again.

I got a price for the wagon GT in OZ that misses out on them and you have to buy the whole skirt with integrated chrome bit.....cost......sitting down?

Doing the conversion about $650 USA per side. BS!

Rob.

The chrome rocker panels are optional on the 2.5i/GT in the US and they do require replacing the whole side skirt/rocker panel - but they're only $100USD for both.

phoenix96

You sure that could be right? For both?

That's bloody unbelievable.

Rob.

Yep. $101.50 from subarugenuineparts.com, prepainted:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_41&products_id=977

It's about a 15 minute modification.

phoenix96

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

IwannaSportSedan,

I also think a chrome side window surround would really set off the Legacy. Especially my Satin White! I'll keep looking for a way to do this, post if you find a shop that can supply such.

• 1 year later...