LegacyGT.com

Cold Air Intake

whats up guys...im new to the forum here but im another guy looking to mod my 07 2.5i special edition. 175hp just isnt enough for me but didnt want to spend all that extra money on the GT. please let me know what anyone has figured out for adding a little more HP or let me know if there is some email list i can be added to in order to help get products manufactured for our cars. Thanks guys!

Keep watching this thread, it could get interesting :icon_mrgr

edit: Also forgot to say...welcome to the site!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 years later...

Air Intake System CAI Cold Air System SUBARU LEGACY 2005-2007 2.5L NON TURBO MODELS

Cosmo Racing Air Intake System increase your car's performance by providing cooler, denser air to the engine. Give your car a boost!

TECHNOLOGY

Designed for street and track use, the aerodynamic piping and non-restrictive air filter allow maximum air flow into the engine without compromising air filtering.

INSTALLATION DIFFICULTY: EASY-MEDIUM

Our air intake systems are designed as direct replacement for the stock system for easy DIY installation and comes complete with all necessary hardware. Step-by-step instructions are available for selected car models.

Category Air Intake System CAI Cold Air System SUBARU

Product Number SLEG050725-CAI

Make SUBARU

Name LEGACY 2005-2007 2.5L NON TURBO MODELS

Price $164.50 US

Instruction Sheet Not Available

Available Colors

*Fits only on Legacy 05-07 2.5L non Turbo models.

Performance gain = 7HP

HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?

from our Short Ram Intake System? The Cold Air Intake extends all the way down to the fender well and behind the bumper to replace hot air from the engine with cold air entering through the stock manifold system. Power normally restricted by the stock molded rubber intake system is released by allowing maximum airflow through the throttle body to increase power and throttle response.

from our competitors? Our mandrel bent intake pipes are especially designed for aerodynamics and constant radius to provide maximum and consistent airflow. Our air filters are made of cloth/aluminum, making it much less restrictive than the cotton, or compressed paper used by other brands. Direct bolt on for easy installation ?you will be supplied with all necessary hardware, step-by-step installation instruction sheet*, and personal assistance from our tech support to guide you through any problems!

Note: Installation for the Cold Air Intake System is slightly more difficult than the Short Ram Intake System ?professional installation is recommended for those with no mechanical knowledge. *Instruction sheet might not be available for some models, please check the instruction availability on each product info. **Some models intake installation involve with cutting and modifications.

Subaru Cold Air Intake System: Includes piping, filter, and hardware.

COSMO Cold air Intake System = 7 HP + (Stock) COSMO Racing Cold Air Intake System stops sucking hot air from high heat engine compartment and allowing cold air enter through the stock manifold system. By removing the stock molded rubber intake system and adding the quality mandrel bent intake piping with a constant radius, maximum airflow through the throttle body is reached. The extreme cold air and maximum airflow result in better throttle response and more horsepower. Direct bolts on with out any modification!! Professional installation highly recommended for this intake system, instruction sheet included.

Copied and pasted from:

http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp?cid=150&pid=1952

whats up guys...im new to the forum here but im another guy looking to mod my 07 2.5i special edition. 175hp just isnt enough for me but didnt want to spend all that extra money on the GT. please let me know what anyone has figured out for adding a little more HP or let me know if there is some email list i can be added to in order to help get products manufactured for our cars. Thanks guys!

Hey man exact same thing goes for me. Im trying to find some things to push her over 200hp. If you hear anything please keep me updated.

GEE-OTTO is referring to the AVO turbo kit, which gives you about 200hp at the wheels. At the crank, that's about the same as a stock LGT. So it's more like a 75hp increase and you get max boost quicker than a stock LGT.

You will not see any significant gains with other engine mods on a 2.5i. If you're planning to keep this car for a long time, you're better off investing on tires, suspension, and brakes to corner faster.

If you were hoping to go fast in a straight line, you bought the wrong car. However, if you want a reliable daily driver, gets decent gas mileage, drinks regular fuel, looks good, seats 4-5 people, and handles well, then you should be content.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Screw the cosmo Intake, I replaced the black ribbed tubing, with a nice chrome smooth 2 piece from auto zone, and a K & N panel and the car runs very well. I have no cell. So for a bout 60-65 bucks you have a nice stock looking higher flowing intake system.

PSS my exhaust changed also. It is deeper :spin::wub:

Archived