The Official: New England post whore thread

BDII

Is JermTheElf actually BMX?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is JermTheElf actually BMX?

• Yes, only slightly less annoying
    • Yes, but they are in fact BF/BF
    • No, JermTheElf is much less intelligent
    • No, JerfTheElf has toe thumbs so he can't be BMX (cont)
    • ...because BMX has girlie hands
    • Yes, and the mods don't care
    • Yes, it's legal in MA for this to happen
    • No, JermTheElf is just another noob passing through
    • SWEAR TA ME!!!
    • Have you seen my pants?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like it might actually receive some very minimal protection from the side plastic undertray and the fact that the exhaust hangs lower. But couldn't he have tucked it up at all? That second one looks like you could catch something between the line and chassis and rip it right out. I'm no professional, but that just doesn't seem safe to me, looking at it.

I'll quote myself here since I don't want to come across like I'm saying what they did was ok.

I'm not going to say where he ran them didn't put them in harms way... BUT just being under the chassis is not an issue..

I just wanted to clarify that having lines routed under the chassis is not the real "issue" but as you stated before... "How the idiot did it." He could have very easily tucked that line up out of the way and it would be perfectly ok... but it was apparently a quick fix to get rid of the car.

Want to, very badly. If I do, it means that I need to drive to Ayer, run it hard and then drive it directly to Meredith, NH afterwards for a week of vacation. All on a suspension noise that is worsening and that I can't fix. Like I've said before, I'm pretty sure that it's not going to fail in a dangerous way, but it makes me really anxious every time I hear it. I've tried to get the lower control arms off, but I can't get the damn pinch bolts loose. Conceded defeat last night after setting the lower ball joint rubber boot on fire and rounding the bolt head just a touch and sent an email to Motive looking for an appointment. Still waiting for availability on that. This is the second time I've failed to get a ball joint free. Had to call Motive when I failed to get at the ripped passenger cv joint boot. Eff you LCAs.

In addition, I would basically be leaving the wife to get the house clean, pack the big car and wrangle the three little ones on a three hour journey and then check in to a VRBO place who's check in procedure seems vaguely defined at best.

The smart thing to do would be to pass on this one and try to be ready for the next. Wisdom being the better part of valor and all. The stupid choice is as described above. And trust me, I've spent the past two weeks flipping back and forth between the two. I still want the stupid choice. 'Til midnight to register right? ;)

• I Donated Too
I always backed the ball joint nut off almost all the way, dropped the control arm that much, removed the pinch bolt. Then I'd put a piece of wood on the top of the control arm and hammer it to death to pull the ball joint out. Never failed, just took some aggression

The pinch bolt is rusted in place. All of my aggression appears to destroy parts. However, I admit that I have not loosened any other bolts first to try to relieve any tension on the system. Last time I did this, I snapped the bolt head right off the pinch bolt and ended up having to replace the whole knuckle after a disastrous drilling job. Oxidation > limited experience. This time, I hope I haven't rounded the bolt head so badly that the pro can't get it off either.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Wow. That's insane. There's now what? 5 really legit tracks all within driving distance of New England.

Palmer

NHMS

Watkins Glen

Lime Rock

And now Club Motorsports? What is this thing really called? I can't really tell from the website. Unless it's Club Motorsports track.

Am I missing one?

Meh. That shit's far.

;)

6hrs to Watkins Glen and NJMP from where I'm at in NH. All New England area to me!

:)

Haven't taken a car out to a trackday yet so it'll be a new experience on 4 wheels. Got plenty of time on motorcycles so I'm looking forward to a change.

As far as the track in Tamworth, there's still a bit of work to do to the grounds and I know some motorcycle peoples are trying to understand where the barriers will end up being placed but, of the folks I know of who have been on the track for sighting laps, I am lead to believe it should offer an amazing time.

• I Donated
I refuse to go back to Palmer until the safety is up to par there. They opened without it being complete and there are a lot of places that safety is a concern for me. Someone at the AER race this year in May broke both their feet because they went off and went into a rock wall. This was a normal crash, and an experienced racer, not some noob.

Archived