LegacyGT.com

Plot and analyze your .csv logs

CasopoliS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been working with Airboy on his spreadsheet. It's awesome. It's really taken a life of its own.

A road dyno has been added. It has the ability to scale load quickly and easily. 07 STi tuning tips have been added. Ability to save curves from previous runs so that you can overlay them.

The only problem is that the documentation is set up for someone who understands EXCEL and tuning. Someone really needs to setup a simple step by step procedure for beginners.

Also, the tables have been set up based upon enginuity defs. For example, the throttle columns in the boost tables represent the actual throttle angle and not the ecu direct values. I believe ST uses mostly ecu direct values.

Ted, PM me your email address. I'll send you a copy.

I've been working with Airboy on his spreadsheet. It's awesome. It's really taken a life of its own.

A road dyno has been added. It has the ability to scale load quickly and easily. 07 STi tuning tips have been added. Ability to save curves from previous runs so that you can overlay them.

The only problem is that the documentation is set up for someone who understands EXCEL and tuning. Someone really needs to setup a simple step by step procedure for beginners.

Also, the tables have been set up based upon enginuity defs. For example, the throttle columns in the boost tables represent the actual throttle angle and not the ecu direct values. I believe ST uses mostly ecu direct values.

Ted, PM me your email address. I'll send you a copy.

Could you send me the latest airboy ss? I have the one with the accel plotter, but I don't think it saves curves.

Thanks.

Airboy has posted the latest version here

http://www.ken-gilbert.com/wrx/enginuity/

It is called Log file Interpolation ver3p6h public.zip. This is newer than the one that I emailed out so download the newer version.

The AFR interpolate sheet now includes MAFv. This makes it just that much easier to scale your MAF. Keep in mind that when d(MAF)/d(time) is large, you should be aware that the data may be inaccurate.

For scaling MAF below 60 g/s, I use steady state conditions in closed loop. I then use a statistical spreadsheet to filter the data.

For scaling MAF above 175 g/s, I use a 3rd gear WOT log starting at 2000 rpm. The data above 175 g/s is relatively steady.

For scaling MAF between 60 and 175 g/s, I use a 3rd gear partial throttle log starting at 2000 rpm.

Airboy has posted the latest version here

http://www.ken-gilbert.com/wrx/enginuity/

It is called Log file Interpolation ver3p6h public.zip. This is newer than the one that I emailed out so download the newer version.

The AFR interpolate sheet now includes MAFv. This makes it just that much easier to scale your MAF. Keep in mind that when d(MAF)/d(time) is large, you should be aware that the data may be inaccurate.

For scaling MAF below 60 g/s, I use steady state conditions in closed loop. I then use a statistical spreadsheet to filter the data.

For scaling MAF above 175 g/s, I use a 3rd gear WOT log starting at 2000 rpm. The data above 175 g/s is relatively steady.

For scaling MAF between 60 and 175 g/s, I use a 3rd gear partial throttle log starting at 2000 rpm.

Thanks tuning guru!

FWIW I found that tuning MAF above 60 g/s can be more accurately and easily be done using 5th gear pulls if you live in the middle of nowhere.

• 10 months later...

Airboy has published a new spreadsheet.

http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic957.html

It's got a lot of new features like total timing and load rescaler.

I haven't tuned a CANBUS car yet but looking at the new roms, the boost control and throttle mapping go hand in hand now so it makes it more difficult to tune partial throttle. Airboy added some mapping routines to make it easier to visualize.

Unfortunately, for the LGT 5EAT guys, the road dyno for autos hasn't been incorporated. There's still a beta version towards the end of that thread that includes it so you'll have to use that one.

Archived