LegacyGT.com

Plot and analyze your .csv logs

CasopoliS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not a stage 1 map:

http://putstuff.putfile.com/63915/4983490/3

Stage 1 maps all have a peak boost target of 15-16 psi at about 3500 rpm and none of them have as high a wgdc of 90.2 That's too dangerous with the 2nd cat in place. Stage 1 maps assume 2nd cat in place.

Your map has the hallmark of a PDX stage 2 map.

• 2 weeks later...
can somebody take a look at these, and tell me whatcha think??

first off, you can get rid of logging fuel pump duty and throttle voltages

some timing is getting pulled at 3200 rpm but it recovers quickly and KC gets back to 6. Not sure what would cause this... maybe boost building quickly or something, or trying to hit targets.

good redline MAF and MPH

What are the mods? And what is the turbo? The spool is late compared to a VF40 so I'm assuming you have a larger than stock turbo.

There's something really odd about this log. At 6000 rpm, the turbo is blowing roughly 14 psi but your MAF is only showing 212-220 g/s. Usually the amount of air consumed by the engine at WOT is a function of volumetric efficiency, pressure, and displacement. For example, at 12 psi, I push 240 g/s at 6000 rpm so I would expect your engine to push even more.

• 1 month later...

I added some more spreadsheets.

Here is one to help you fine tune your MAF table. Be careful. You need to match your upper range MAF table (greater than 60 g/s) to your lower range MAF table (less than 60 g/s).

http://www.enginuity.org/viewtopic.php?t=1871

Here is another one to help monitor your KC across the entire map. You need to datalog for a long time and drive like an @sshat to get all the numbers. However, try to minimize the amount of time where you completely let go of the gas pedal. Coasting in gear changes the ecu settings. The spreadsheet is still in work. Hopefully, some people will try it out and we can adjust the logic as needed.

It's in post #13 of the thread below.

http://www.enginuity.org/viewtopic.php?t=2029

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody please check these out...and help me understand why my car is not producing the power at the lower range..ergo allowing it to make top end power??? Could the ignition timing issue be the cause, because it only experiences it when I get above 18.427 PSI..

Could my 50/50 AVO BOV cause this?? I wouldn't think so, but if it would do i need to loosen or tighten the screw...

1st run 1 Jul 07.pdf

2nd run 1 Jul 07.pdf

Don't do anymore WOT logs past 4000 rpm unless you make a change that you believe will fix this.

Other people have had a hard time interpreting me so I'm going to be blunt. YOU HAVE A VERY BAD TUNE.

It has nothing to do with your BOV. Although your BOV may cause other problems. They are not related to your logs.

I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is but you should really consult a professional tuner.

In the meantime, delete the following parameters from your logs (logging too many parameters reduces resolution):

Intake Air Temperature. Write down the ambient air temperature. We can figure out the IAT from that.

Fuel Injector Duty Cycle. We've determined that your injectors are okay. If your MAF starts going above 260 g/s, then you will need to start logging it again.

Manifold Relative Pressure. You're already logging the corrected MRP.

Fuel Pump Duty.

Knock Signal. You'll never see anything here because the resolution isn't fine enough. You'll almost always miss the knock signal.

Main Throttle Sensor.

Sub Throttle Sensor.

Add the following to your datalog:

Boost Error.

Fine Correction or Fine Learning (degrees).

Feedback Correction (degrees).

AFR Learning #1.

And check your IAM before and after your log.

The Perrin TMIC actually does not cool as well as the stocker (measured outlet temperature using thermocouple). This will contribute to your tendency to knock especially considering your ambient temperature appears to be in the mid to high 90's. The Perrin TMIC's benefit is that it flows better. My friend determined that it flows approximately 10 g/s better than the stocker and has about 1 psi less pressure drop. It also doesn't have end tabs to blow off. However, it does not cool as well.

It's also probably time that you got a wideband O2 sensor and put it in your DP bellmouth. You might be running too lean for your temperatures / TMIC combination.

Remember, do not datalog past 4000 rpm. I don't want to hear about your engine rebuild.

I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is but you should really consult a professional tuner.
Please enlighten me, so I might be able to assist the tuner with what the possible cause could be...I do know he has never done any tuning on a VF40/18G, so he has started from scratch with one of his straight up 18G maps

You didn't log boost error, fine learning, or feedback correction. Those can be helpful for diagnosing problems.

Don't log AFR Correction #1. It's useless during WOT.

Don't log AFR (mA). You're already logging lambda.

Don't log AFR Correction #3. That's the rear O2 sensor.

Don't log AFR #1 resistance.

It's hard to diagnose over the internet and also because you didn't log some of the important variables.

Based upon what you've posted, my guess is that you are running about 1 to 1.5 psi boost too much for your setup.

I also believe that you are running slightly too lean. I don't know what's causing it. It could be the tuner set up your fuel table too lean or your MAF scaling is slightly off. Keep in mind that the stock MAF scale varies slightly from car to car. That's one of the reasons why the stock fuel table is conservative. Your AFR learning #1 is -3.13 %. This AFR learning is based upon the front O2 sensor when it reads between 50 and 60 g/s. It applies this for all MAF > 60 g/s even if it is not needed. So, let's say your MAF table is perfect at 100 g/s but off at 50 g/s then your AFR learning will skew your readings at 100 g/s. In your case, it is subtracting 3.13 % fuel thus making it that much leaner.

In any case, I think you're running too lean. At 3000 rpm and 2.0 grams load, I would normally run AFR 12.0 and I have a stock TMIC (cools better than Perrin) and ambient temperature is < 90 F here.

At 3000 rpm and 2.0 grams load, your front O2 sensor is transitioning between lambda 0.79 to 0.75. The front O2 sensor is skewed because of the high exhaust pressure in the exhaust manifold. In my limited experience, I've noticed that when the front O2 sensor transitions to lambda 0.75, this indicates a true AFR of roughly 12.5. Anything that reads lambda 0.75 on the front O2 sensor from then on is less than AFR 12.5.

This is why I think you need a wide band O2 in your DP.

I really want to see your boost error because your WGDC values are set up funny.

So in sumary, my belief is that your lean AFR is causing the slight knocking between 2800 rpm and 4000 rpm. Your high boost is causing the heavy knocking above 4000 rpm.

alolt of these that you are asking me to log must be listed as something else on ECU explorer..I searched through the listing of variables, and the only ones that were remotely close to the names were the ones I selected..are they called something different on ECU explorer?

No. Enginuity has a look up table (defs). It will automatically find the correct IAM location in ram for you.

Make sure that you have the latest defs so that you can log boost error, fine correction, and feedback correction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived