LegacyGT.com

Ok tire guys [Xenonk], pick from the list

CasopoliS

the nasioc thread has many links to pics

thinking about getting 235s for city driving (pothole roads and such).. but 225 seems to be more 'standard'. 235's give more rubber to the road... but does that really matter much?

the price between the 225 and 235 is small... so I guess get the bigger right? Any DISadvantage to this? I will clear the perch and fender right?

man I suck at this stuff.

ever thought of using 245/35/18???

Keefe

Are you serious?:icon_conf 225/40/18's are only 12mm or about 1/2" taller overall than the stock 215/45/17's. I'm on my second set of 225/40/18's and have run my car low enough to be tucking tire and never rubbed. I ran 225/35/19's for about a year, which are 15mm taller than stock on 45mm offset 7.5" wide wheels and hardly ever rubbed. If you were rubbing with 225/40/18's you had the wrong offset wheels on your car.

nope, he had the right offset and correct sizing, his driveway was just oddly built from what I remember.. I I remember I did drive up PGT's driveway to pick up a wheel from him before and I never had a rubbing issue.. Im not sure why his car rubbed so bad driving up his driveway..

Keefe

Patagonia, what 245 tire is that in your picture? I'm in the same boat as casopolis and I really like the tread pattern on that tire.

I am lowered on the stock wheels and tires now tucking tire in back but I know I'll have to raise it back up a little to fit the larger set. I'm fine with that, especially after scraping hard last night going into a parking garage ramp that flattened out too abruptly.

Also, I was thinking of going with Full Royal Sport Bronze Tarmac III for my OBP. Any thoughts from anyone on the color combo?

Ah, thanks.

Any thoughts on the bronze wheels on my black car? I like gold but it's a little too flashy for me and I think silver is just so common. Every car has silver wheels. There are so few cars (I think) that have a chance of pulling off colored wheels so I thought bronze might be the way to go.

yea, that I remember, he still made it, I dont remember if he cleared it with his lip either.

on the way in he did because he came in at an angle, but scraped on the way out. Heck, mine scraped with the car at stock height if I came in straight on. weird, I know, because it doesn't look like anything...just the damn dip of the gutter is what makes it bad.

on the way in he did because he came in at an angle, but scraped on the way out. Heck, mine scraped with the car at stock height if I came in straight on. weird, I know, because it doesn't look like anything...just the damn dip of the gutter is what makes it bad.

Yeah I scraped my lip backing out of your driveway as well. You have a valley thing going on there.

• 1 month later...
I shall reserect this thread and ask one question.

225/40/18 OR

235/40/18

Basically I don't want the speedo to be off but I want more rubber on the ground and some cusioning for the rims from the rough roads here in california.

My 235s rode nice... I wish I could have kept them. Either tire is good, but if you can afford to put on a 235.... do it! More surface area on the road and softer ride.

... in fact you should buy my tires in the FS section ;)

Archived