LegacyGT.com

K&N Introduces Subaru Specific "High performance" Oil Filter..

Yeah that nut will help a lot :cool: Its a pain to do it by hand or get a filter wrench up there for the OEM filter.

Maybe for the first oil change. They have gorillas in the factory to put this stuff on so it is really tight. I had the dealer do my first oil change so they did all the grunt work. After that you aren't supposed to tighten it more than one rotation...maybe a rotation and a half. It's just not supposed to be that tight. I use the dixie cup method to prevent the oil falling all over me.

The K&N oil filters are not really meant for street cars. They are intended for race cars that have the oil changed very frequently. They have strong cans and a high flow rate. But they don't filter as well as most normal oil filters, and don't have as much capacity. For the same price, the Mobile 1 filters are much better suited to a street car.

K&N oil flters are not good for our cars?

Never heard that one before.... do you work for mobile 1?

Does that mean that their air filters are not for street cars?

I think K&N has been around long enough to know their target group.

If they only sold or wanted to sell to race cars they'd be out of business tomorrow.

Their target is car enthusiasts...which there are plenty of... (everyoneon this site for example)

Peronsally I just run the OEM filter. My dealer does a buy 4 get one free so they end up being like $4/each. With the $10 oil from walmart I do my own oil change in about 5 minutes (fumoto oil valve) for about $14.00 and there are no monkeys to screw it up or put my drain plug on backwards.

:)

DIY FTW

oem here too. I needs to get the Fumoto though!! I too use the "modified" Dixie Cup method, however it's one of those generic Stop&Shop brand cups but I think it still works fine.:rolleyes: I didn't just void my warranty did I?
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

oem here too. I needs to get the Fumoto though!! I too use the "modified" Dixie Cup method, however it's one of those generic Stop&Shop brand cups but I think it still works fine.:rolleyes: I didn't just void my warranty did I?

Legacy Lizard...go order the valve right now....

I wouldn't do another oil change the old way again.....

so easy...so clean... just do it!!!

makes oil changes a snap...and you don't have to worry abou the plug or crush washer ever again...

I love telling the parts guy I don't need a crush washer...but thanks...

Archived