LegacyGT.com

So Legacy is faster than Audi S4????

according to road and track, Legacy GT is faster than S4 go to these links [url="http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/0411_audi_mb_data.pdf"]http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/0411_audi_mb_data.pdf[/url] [url="http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/0410_rt_acura_subaru.pdf"]http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/0410_rt_acura_subaru.pdf[/url] well...legacy is 0.1 second slower in 0-60 but 1/4 mile is .3 second faster!!! S4 has 8 cylinders right? guess they are there just to burn more fuel!! Legacies rock!!

Yes the S4 shares teh same V8 with the RS6 minus the Twin Turbocharges, in NA form good for 344 hp and 302lbft of torque. My dream car is the RS6 Plus Avant, a special edition final production year RS6. Only it would have to come with a manual transmission which it sadly does not :(

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Faster when it is in the shop or out of the shop :lol: The reported times for the S4 are all over the board. Road and Track got those slow times mentioned above last month and Car and Driver tested one last month as well and got 13.7 IIRC. In a straight line it would be a good race and in the curves it would be a close race as well. My old S4 ran 13.98 stock and that was one of the quickest times anybody got with that generation stock (I wasn't driving and it almost lost to a Ford Excursion on that run - yes a Ford Excursion diesel that ran 14.1 and got the jump off of the line - quite a site to see).

[quote name='dv8ingvector']wow 300+ they should be killing us stock what is the s4 waying in at?...i will take the auto but with a nice high stall TC and a trans brake.[/QUOTE] ~4000 pounds, that thing is a freaking beast which is just another reason I would never consider it.

My goal is a dyno shootout with a stock 2004 S4 Avant next Spring against my modified XT , I have the S4 all lined up . The only restriction is I have is to have spent less money on the modifed XT than a stock S4 so I have about $15- 20k I can spend on mods. I think I can do it for a lot less, $5-6k. This was a bet I made before I bought the Subaru since an Audi S4 or a Volve V70R were the alternatives. If someone know of a V70R in the Boston area that would like to be dynod at the same time I would be glad to pay for the dyno. It should be no contest. Charlie

An STi GT would own the S4 if a good powerplant making 330/330 was put in there. The weight is the biggest issue for the S4, your compact "sports" sedan should not be weighing 4000 pounds, thats heavier then the new E60 M5 which is significantly bigger and with more features yet is said to weight around 3800 pounds. I wish car companies would to stop adding unnecessary features and keep weight down at all costs. Your buying a 50k car yet they can't use some weight saving technology to keep the weight to 3500 pounds thats ridiculous. Don't even get me started on the M3 and how fat it is now.

The M is roughly 205Kg (451.9476 lbs) heavier than the Boxster which is a fair bit and as you say, a fair bit over the S4 as well. But where the M will win over a lot of cars is the Power to Weight Ratio. Yes granted the M would be a weapon if they were to remove a lot of the "Added Weight" but then you would have ppl saying that the car wasnt loaded up enough and they couldnt see the value. The Car makers of the world come up against this all the time. If they take a car like the M, strip a lot of the weight out of it, but some extra carbon in for good measure and call it a CSL, ppl pay an extra US40K for the privilage. What happens then, BMW doesnt make a lot of money, so they make small volumes to move the car which bangs up the price. So they are sort of damed if they do and damed if they dont. Now ALL car makers have an option box for extra goodies, imagine if they had options to delete options, now that might work as they would just leave things out as the car travels down the line. Just a thought anyway. Adam.

no offense to anyone who owns the new 340hp audi s4, but i think it's a pig and it sucks. :-) i think the S4 should be more than an a4 with the v8 engine (not even tuned) from the a6 lineup. in the scheme of things, 340hp from 4.2 litres in the "s" badged vehicles is by far the worst power to weight or power to displacement ratio. i like that it is inexpensive. but i dislike that it is heavy and for all of those 8 cylinders, it barely eeks out accleration times that better even the e36m3, the e46m3 will smoke it because the e46m3 is lighter and can hold each gear longer so any race to 100mph or the quarter mile and the m3 will win, again and again and again. now, as far as this legacy GT thing goes. this is laughable. it is laughable because something like a legacy GT can even run with a car length of a vaunted S4. give me a break. if you launched from idle, the v8 would devour you. but if you loaded the flywheel with some rev's, the legacy gt would surprise an S4 owner. why do you think it is that the S4 is not raced, but the RS6 is? both are pigs, but the there is a lot more power in the RS6 engine so the champion audi race team chose the RS6 as a platform instead of the s4 for speed challenge racing. i for one wouldn't live in fear of any audi except for an rs6. but that's what my Z06 is for, isn't it? LOL.

Delete: [X] front air bag delete [X] side airbag delete [X] side impact rails delete [X] 5mph bumper delete front and rear [X] dash delete [X] interior panel delete [X] passenger seating delete add: [X] aluminum panel replacement [X] Aluminum dash replacement [X] inflatable passenger seating [X] life insurance policy [X] no fat chicks rear warning panel [X] sti drive train.... this idea has some potential :grin:

[quote name='dv8ingvector']Delete: [X] front air bag delete [X] side airbag delete [X] side impact rails delete [X] 5mph bumper delete front and rear [X] dash delete [X] interior panel delete [X] passenger seating delete add: [X] aluminum panel replacement [X] Aluminum dash replacement [X] inflatable passenger seating [X] life insurance policy [X] no fat chicks rear warning panel [X] sti drive train.... this idea has some potential :grin:[/QUOTE] but that is the inherent goodness of the new Legacy GT. it is not "optimized" for weight yet; it has been optimized for the mainstream. if they built an STi version with aluminum trunk, aluminum hood, more aluminum suspension pieces, delete leather, delete sunroof....you'd have a car in fighting trim close to 3250-3300 pounds which isn't bad considering Subaru would obviously up the power to 300hp. it would make the S4 suck even more, in my estimation.

[quote name='agctr']Agreed Mike, the S4 is a pure bred race car. The GT is more for the crowd so to speak. The STi GT would be a good comparision and might be better paired against the S4.[/QUOTE] psssh. yeah right.. S4's are aiming for the same type of people that want a GT, only richer. Lots of power, but softish suspension, plush interior. They've _always_ been that way. You'll not find a shortage of people changing their suspension on the S4 forum's

[quote name='Deer Killer']psssh. yeah right.. S4's are aiming for the same type of people that want a GT, only richer. Lots of power, but softish suspension, plush interior. They've _always_ been that way. You'll not find a shortage of people changing their suspension on the S4 forum's[/QUOTE] pure race based car. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha. nice car? yep. pure race bred? there ain't anything pure race about a car that weighs 4000 pounds in the S4's class and it's shameful that the rs6 and s6 wagons didn't come with manuals.

lol, a pure race car comes with 4 passenger seats, with moonroof, and auto climate control? nah. numbers and actual performance are totally different things. the M3 is pretty fast for daily driving. however, if you go on track with it, u will notice the serious disadvantage of too much weight. as a result, a stock EVO or MR ver. can smoke those M3s easily. and, i won't be suprised the JDM GT can smoke the S4 on track.

See what the car makers have to put up with, TOTALLY MY POINT. Delete this option and that, and ppl go well I cant see the value, its pricey, its this , its that. The ONLY way you are going to pull weight out of a car is remove the things yourself. Yes this is a costly option but atleast you get what you pay for. Adam.

Archived