LegacyGT.com

Road Rage ?

Passive-aggressive drivers I believe are the cause of all road-rage. Aggressive drivers just want to get where they are going. The rage builds up when some asshat thinks he's doing a public service. How about you just get going to where you're going and let other people do the same?

Amen:icon_bigg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when I'm in the LGT...that’s the story of my life.... I also drive fast but I use a special style I call aggressive defensive driven... meaning I drive fast and try to anticipate other peoples moves before they do… works in poker too :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

Exactly. And when it works (avoiding an accident by anticipating what other drivers are going to do) I call it an "I just saved their insurance company money" moment.

I don't know about the poker, but it works great in basketball. Bobby Hurley was the best practitioner of the art I've played bball with. You'd be running across the court, and *poof* the ball was in your hands with an open layup. He knew you had a shot before you did.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Let me clarify my own comment, as it probably sounds a lot more excessive then it really is...

My blocking only happens about 100 feet away from the actual merge. Before then I drive with a significant amount of space open between me and the car in front of me. I'm willing and ready for people to get over. There's a sign that said to merge, there's a spot to merge... so why not merge?

Further still, I'll typically let people in at that final point if they use their turn signal. But I'm sorry... last possible moment, no turn signal? Whether I'm being an ass hat myself or not, I will NOT let you merge if you're doing that.

Point taken and well made. New Zealand drivers, would make you locals look like pussies with their arrogance. http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif I take exception to those who (in your terms as we drive in the left) see a part empty right lane which exists because most people read the signs and merge early and cleanly, then drive up as far as they can go and attempt the old "barge your way in trick". This will not fly, as I identify them from a long way back. Sorry dude wait your turn. Similarly there are those who are strangers to the area or local environs and their body (driving) language is easy to spot. I let them in, but is it concievable that 33.3% of the cars on the road at any given time fit that category. NFW. BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK and always remember, it does not matter what vehicle you drive, these arsewipes know they are in the wrong and always back out.http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

PS: For the Australians reading this, while only 3200kms away you guys do know how to drive civily.

+1

Whatever their excuse might be (small unit, road rage) I pity those that actually feel the need to block.

I pity those who condone arrogance and stupidity. As long as the can they will. I can almost bet you are a smoker. Get sh*t on as much as you want. I'll take the other option ta muchly.http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

Indeed. As long as Mr. Clarkson is magnanimous enough to revoke his own license.

Fine, he has a point to make that many agree with. On the other hand, his railing against the poor girl who said "water melts" at 32F.. only shows his own ignorance. 32F is freezing AND melting point of water. If the water (ice) had been at 31F or below, and moved to 32F, it would melt.

Until this point I used to QUITE like Mr. Clarkson. Now, I only somewhat like him..

HV

but how does water melt? unless u meant ice, which is water frozen from the temperature. in which then it would technically not be water but ice.

If you have someone REALLY on your butt and you have a moon roof, pop that sucker open and snag a big lugie straight up. With any luck it'll blow right back on their windshield and they'll see you do it, so they know what it is. Then they'll either back off (or come along side and spray you with 9mm's).:lol:

:lol: :lol: one time I was driving my work van (back when that was my job) & I was eating a hot dog w/mustard. I threw the foil wrap out the window (yeah yeah I know, littering) & it flew back & stuck to the rearview mirror of the guy driving behind me. :lol: :lol: :lol: Man was he pissed!!! I felt bad for the guy because he had a mustard-covered piece of foil stuck to his mirror. He was honkin & flashing his lights at me like a maniac. I felt bad but it obviously wasn't intentional.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

:lol: :lol: one time I was driving my work van (back when that was my job) & I was eating a hot dog w/mustard. I threw the foil wrap out the window (yeah yeah I know, littering) & it flew back & stuck to the rearview mirror of the guy driving behind me. :lol: :lol: :lol: Man was he pissed!!! I felt bad for the guy because he had a mustard-covered piece of foil stuck to his mirror. He was honkin & flashing his lights at me like a maniac. I felt bad but it obviously wasn't intentional.

&$#$^#^$

Of course it was intentional. You threw garbage out of the window. Blah blah blah blah

no it wasnt intentional. I didnt mean for it to get stuck on his car. I admitted it was littering. I was also 18 years old. Listen hayseed, I dunno what I ever did to you but that was uncalled for. I demand an apology. There's no reason for you to leave a comment for me like that.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Of course it was intentional. You threw garbage out of the window. It's people like you that make New York the shithole it is. You are the very definition of idiot.

What, specifically, makes NYC more or less of a shithole than Cody, WY - aside from personal preference?

My next thread is going to be "Internet Rage" :lol:

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

It has to be the presence of those hot dog vendors :lol:

truth is, I would be more likely to pwn Coxx on eating dogs from that bacteria infested water that sits in those street carts :lol:

no way dude, dirty water dogs FTMFW!!!!!

You guys need to be a little nicer to eachother and more understanding and respectful of other peoples opinion.

:lol: I didnt say nothin. I didnt start nothin. I was attacked for no reason.

still waiting for my apology STG whenever you're ready to be a man

You gotta get in line behind everyone else STG has unnecessarily attacked on here :lol:

nah I'm not letting this one go. I can guarantee he wouldnt talk to me like that to my face

I pity those who condone arrogance and stupidity. As long as the can they will. I can almost bet you are a smoker. Get sh*t on as much as you want. I'll take the other option ta muchly.http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

Smoke crack much? WTF does smoking have to do with merging? And I quit smoking years ago FWIW.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

We should close this thread down before someone gets hurt. or blocked. or mustard on their car. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

STG, you ready to apologize yet??

wait wait - you ate a dirty water dog from a NYC street vendor and didn't have a triple crown attack??!?!?!? :eek:

:lol: :lol: man Ive been eatin them things all my life. I think my body have developed immunity to the bacteria.

STG, ready to apologize yet?

First of all, I was a money market trader for Manufacturers Hanover Trust and visted New York every six weeks for two years (trading room located at 44 Wall Street), staying at either the Waldorf or Helmsley Palace .

New York is the only city in the civilized world where I have repeatedly seen residents throw their garbage out of their windows, onto streets and alleys. That qualifies as a shithole.

Second, what kind of a car enthusiat throws garbage out of a moving vehicle? If coxx was hit by that same hot dog wrapper, he'd be bitching about it here.

Third, pigs do not deserve apologies.

Fourth, I would gladly say what I wrote to coxx.

Archived