LegacyGT.com

My Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth install

wrx2blackGT

Guest Gitster
I believe theres (2) 8 pin connectors that plug into the back of the Radio. One is for power/acc and one is for the speakers. The Parrot harness intercepts these connections and then plugs back into the radio. They fit perfect, trust me. dont go by the pictures.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gitster... can you confirm the subaru harness from parrotkits.com is going into the 8 pin connector ?

The picture on the site shows a 14? pin connector ...

edit : Unless the BLACK port is the radio side.

Are there wires for the pins that traditionally plug into the steering wheel control pins, allowing a splice, or are they blank ?

I used the QCSub-1, confirming that it goes into our 14-pin connectors. Not sure about the steering wheel control pins, never looked.

Short answer — the QCSub-1 adapter cable for Subarus does not include the Subaru square 8-pin plug (for subwoofer, steering wheel buttons, etc.).

See my reply in the other thread: definitive hands free phone discussion

• 2 weeks later...

So basically I can use both harnesses (between radio and Sub adapter) and run the mute cable to said pin on the radio and it would work, right?

Wondering if the harness from parotkits.com should go before or after the OEM Sub harness connection. Also, the Mute cable goes to which pin on the radio for the unit to Mute and display Phone? Trabbic, where are ya? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Leonardo... if you haven't bought on already ...

yes, the harness is worth it if you want to jus plug in an go. But I want to remove all speaker outputs and leave just the power on the big white plug.. and route all speaker / mute capability via the 8 pin plug.

This (in theory) should allow volume control via the radio and mute the sub..

If you want to trace the wires and tap (VERY doable with the pdf earlier in the thread) you should be fine with the harness that comes with the kit.

But if you want to plug straight in, then the harness is worth it.. but, if your sub is on the 8 pin line, you won't be able to use it.

has anyone come across the type of pins used to connect to the parrot or the subaru radio?

They are a 'sandwich' type that holds the pin.. but i can't seem to get this anywhere.

I did find it better to connect the parrot kit to the subaru built in hands free system, but i can't attach the wires...

Thanks for the link ! The way you shot the A-pillar from multiple angles made me sea-sick though :lol:

Good thing I can understand some Czech :cool:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Excellent pictures! Thanks for posting the link here.

Could you translate this part:

Takže jsem předělal ty originální ISO konektory na Subaru. Abych tam neměl tolik drátů a 4 konektory navíc :icon_excl:icon_idea

Použil jsem "originální" redukci Parrot (ISO) - Subaru. Koupeno u Neužila na Gajdošce (Brno) za 590,-. Na netu se to dá sehnat lehce pod 500,- + poštovný, ale znáte to... Navíc se u nich dá dobře pokecat a "sem tam" něčemu rozumí ;)

Kontakty jsou koupený v Elitu, jinak by to byla pěkná drbačka je rozdělávat...

Celkem i s testem asi 4 hodiny práce :D

It looks like you grafted the Subaru adapter kit onto the mute box, in place of the ISO connectors that originally came with the Parrot.

Or does Parrot sell a Subaru wiring kit that connects directly between the Parrot and a Subaru (in place of the ISO wiring harness that they normally supply)?

montaz-44.jpg.4f680545afb4923aff2761534eb9219a.jpg

parrot-ck3300-gps-22.jpg.0ab290601291b0c4be16cbcbef02192b.jpg

Excellent pictures! Thanks for posting the link here.

Could you translate this part:

Takže jsem předělal ty originální ISO konektory na Subaru. Abych tam neměl tolik drátů a 4 konektory navíc :icon_excl:icon_idea

Použil jsem "originální" redukci Parrot (ISO) - Subaru. Koupeno u Neužila na Gajdošce (Brno) za 590,-. Na netu se to dá sehnat lehce pod 500,- + poštovný, ale znáte to... Navíc se u nich dá dobře pokecat a "sem tam" něčemu rozumí ;)

Kontakty jsou koupený v Elitu, jinak by to byla pěkná drbačka je rozdělávat...

It looks like you grafted the Subaru adapter kit onto the mute box, in place of the ISO connectors that originally came with the Parrot.

Or does Parrot sell a Subaru wiring kit that connects directly between the Parrot and a Subaru (in place of the ISO wiring harness that they normally supply)?

I'll try to translate while tehac is asleep :) : (it's going to be rough translation though):

Also connected original ISO Subaru connector. Abych tam neměl tolik drátů a 4 konektory navíc (SubOperator- There are 4 connectors ?)

used "original" reduction (connector ? ) Parrot(ISO) - Subaru. Bought from Neužila at Gajdošce (Brno) for 590,-. online it can be found for under 500, - + shipping, etc ... Navíc se u nich dá dobře pokecat a "sem tam" něčemu rozumí

Contacts were bought at Elitu, jinak by to byla pěkná drbačka je rozdělávat.. (SubOperator-since I didn't want to splice wires ?)

I guess tehac will provide proper translation once he's up and online:), hope this isn't too much off :lol:

I wonder if Parrot-to-Subaru ISO converter tehac referred to is what ParrotKits is selling in US ...

http://www.parrotkits.com/

http://www.parrotkits.com/qcsub-1.jpg

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

From what i did.. the new harness from parrotkits.com pluges directly into the subaru conenctor from the car, and outputs everything to ISO connectors for the parrot modules.

One harness is pure mute & power... the other contains nothing but speaker inputs.

It then has a connector to take all the 'output' from the parrot module and plug back into the radio .

From my experiments, you can bypass the parrot mute module, and keep only the power line and BT module. You can then plug into pins 3,4 & 8 on the back of the radio (bottom 8 pin harness, under the hvac) to use the built in radio functionality. i just sourced some pins that will work, so I hope to try this soon.

The parrot kit as is works nice... but there is an annoying pop everytime the sound is cut out from input and the parrot kit audio is played (prompts, etc) ... and the volume for the call is controlled exclusively from the parrot module, not the radio. My workaround eliminated all that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Yeah ordered mine last night, will post pics for install. I have the SI drive so I dunno where I am gonna put the controller, probably hide it somewhere.

Gitster - did you every post pics of your install? If you haven't, could you? I'm curious about Bluetooth for my car.

Archived