LegacyGT.com

My Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth install

wrx2blackGT

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gitster
Its all quick connects, some of the wires aren't used. You dont have to physically power it if you use the harness properly. Its all plug an play, you dont use any of the wires that dont have a connector on them.

Guest Gitster

Are there fuses in the fuse holders in the harness??? If so, try reversing the two leads on the fuse holders like they say in the manual. Check the fuses for breakage as well. Theres two harnesses, one for power and one for speakers, with the Subaru Harness, you can provide power thorough the original harness to the HU a couple different ways without the bluetooth working.

It took me a while but I got everything eventually. If your not getting power to your HU, I would say its a fuse on your fuse block, or in the fuse holders on the harness. Good luck.

Guest Gitster

I havent had time to look into it further. But the manual stated that "When fuses are properly connected, bluetooth kit will say 'Goodbye' when you turn off the car."

I dunno if its how our LGTs cut power when turning off the car, but I experimented several ways and I do not get the "Goodbye." But on the other hand it doesnt drain my battery or loose its memory when the car is off either so I think I have it hooked up correctly.

I got it working finally after actually messing with it. It is plug and play but my problem was dealing with the previous owner cutting some wires from the original harness. It powers up and works fine now. Thanks for everyone that helped out with inputs.

• 1 month later...
Guest Gitster

Hmmmm ... from doing my own install, I wouldnt think so. Factory Woofer??

All it does it interrupt the Audio and Power harnesses going to the factory radio. Im not exactly sure how the factory woofer splices in there, but it virtually just interrupts these cable paths and then continues them into the back of the HU. Maybe its a power consumption issue?? I doubt the BT kit takes anywhere near as much power as the Sub.

Guest Gitster
Just cause it says the harnesses dont work with factory sub, doesnt explain anything, call Parrot or send them an email for a further technical explanation and post it here to see if we can figure something around it !

Called Parrot, they said that the unit will not interupt the sub. The Tweeter guy said that if you tried it, the subs volume will go way up when you mute the speakers. Doesn't sound like something I want to try. I think I'll just get a Tom Tom with Bluetooth included.

Guest Gitster

I would say its pretty easy to wire a remote mute button for the Sub, acts just like a switch on the 12V feed.

Any custom stereo shop could do it.

anyone have a suggestion for me as to how to get rid of reverb or echoing on my system. I am not using the parrot, but i do have a different bluetooth kit and i have my mic mounted in the right part of my sun visor in that little elastic tab. I cant modulate the volume for the speakers during a phone call and the mic picks up the people talking to me and it just makes a mess.

Called Parrot, they said that the unit will not interrupt the sub. The Tweeter guy said that if you tried it, the subs volume will go way up when you mute the speakers.

Ah. The reason is because, on some model years, the sub gets its left channel input from a separate 8-pin jack on the rear of the radio. The right channel input comes from the HU's right rear speaker output.

The Parrot mutes the radio by breaking the connection between the radio and the 4 speakers. That won't mute the sub output on the 8-pin jack.

There are a few possible work-arounds to keep your sub:

A) Convert your subwoofer harness to get the left channel from the left rear speaker output (very easy mod). Then the sub will be muted along with the 4 speakers.

B) For certain models/years, that same 8-pin socket includes pins for a phone audio input and a mute function. Grounding the mute pin mutes whatever source was playing on the HU, sends the mono audio signal to the front speakers (at a medium volume -- independent of what your volume setting was before), and the radio displays "CALL" on the LCD. That would be the best option if you have one of the HUs that supports it.

C) You could just ground the phone mute control pin to silence the audio source. It will mute the subwoofer output on the 8-pin socket also. Then let the Parrot send their audio directly to the speakers through their funky T-harness.

If anyone is interested, I can post more details later.

Archived