LegacyGT.com

Set of RSi's

Guinnesspower

They are squirmier than RE92 on dry (not surprising), but not that bad considering they are R-rated studless snows. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how the RSi do at highway speeds on dry roads. They are not much louder than RE92 and are good in the wet. Now if we would ever get snow in the Boston area...enough of the 55F weather in January!

I would guess that the M3, 3D, LM-25, PA-2, etc. are better on dry roads as they are more focused on performance than snow/ice as compared with RSi.

Interesting, I read some horrible review wrt dry handling on these on this forum... can't find it now.

It's all relative. I find them decent in dry, good hydroplaning resistance and wet stopping - but poor lateral grip on wet roads relative to summer or AS tires. FYI.

Another FYI - they seem to get noisy when the tire pressure is down around 30psi, so if they seem noisy, pump em up!

I may put WR's on the LGT rims I bought to try them out as a comparison. This winter probably isnt't the best, given that we've had all of 0.8" of snow.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I have had winters on every car I have ever owned.

The RSis rock, the best non-studded winter you can get IMO.

They are OK on dry, and OK on wet, and noise isn't too bad either. If you hardly get any snow or ice at all a different tire may be for you, but if you drive in a real winter they are the best.

FWIW my minivan c/w RSis can outstop my Dunlop M# equipped LGT easily on ice.

Archived