LegacyGT.com

The Forester boys are busy...

[url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645937[/url] They're bolting up an STi ECU, VF39, intercooler, up-pipe and bypass valve, and the FrankenForesters are quite rapid. No odd running, CELs or anything. No word about driveability, however, only one guy in a Forester w/o the VF39 pulling on a Boxster, which I believe the stock XT could do anyhow. Kevin

[quote name='rao']It's the same motor so none of that is a surprise. (that is proven so no whining) Of course the Legacy motor is COMPLETELY different :lol: (for those of you that cannot detect sarcasm, the Legacy motor is exactly the same, at least IMHO)[/QUOTE] Right. In your IMHO is the key wording there. :redface: :lol:

Are we talking internals only wrt the engine or the whole engine including heads/valve train. It was my understanding that the STI was running a different head/valve/AVCS setup. FXTs are incredibly torquey. Spun all four wheels (or at least three ;) ) on dry pavement just by adding a little too much input on the go pedal a little too quickly in 1st gear. I was stunned. With their different gearing, I expect that they'll launch a little faster but lose the battle at mid and upper rpm/speed ranges vs an LGT. just MHO. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Guest *Jedimaster*
I only drove one manual Forester XT and it just didn't feel all that fast to me. Maybe because at the time I had my WRX at a COBB Stage2.

Just adding to how busy the FXT folks have been.. There is a guy up here in Ontario who has installed a VF30, I believe had a bit of exhaust work done and has been ECUTek tuned. On the Dyno at FourStar Motorsports (Not sure which Mfgr) he put down ~235hp and 375tq at the wheels.. This sunday, there is a drag event that some are going to. I know he will be running. Will post some numbers once I get them..

[quote name='Drift Monkey']I showed one mine before as well. The old man was driving mighty fast though! :eek:[/QUOTE] At what speeds? I thought the FXT (5MT) had a definite advantage at lower speeds due to it's gearing. Once on the move, I'm sure the LGT would pull away. Ken

Archived