LegacyGT.com

Jalopnik: Camaro Convertible Concept Works Its Way Down The Winding Road To The Detro

Tide

Camaro Convertible Concept Works Its Way Down The Winding Road To The Detroit Auto Show

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resources/2006/12/Camaro-Convertible-TOP.jpgWe know that it takes a while to bring a concept from the show to the floor, but we feel as though the General is taking their sweet ass time bringing the new Camaro to market. I mean, come on -- 2009? It was introduced as a concept last year ferchrissake -- you'd think they'd have learned to speed up design times by now, right? Apparently not. Although the General plans to treat us to something entirely different for this year's Detroit show -- a convertible Camaro concept. Yay. Basically, the General's American Revolution is taking the concept car from last year (which as they've said before, isn't even the final design) and chopping the top off to give it some open-sky action. They're not even bothering to put a working roof on what they'll be showing in Detroit. Still, we already know there will be crowds four-deep at the Chevy display just to see some blond bombshell rubbing up against it showing it off to the crowd. We'll be there for the blond bombshell. But if you're one of the many who'll be drooling over a warmed-over Chevy leftover, you don't even have to wait until Detroit -- head on over to Winding Road and snag a free copy of the digital download buff book -- as they've got the scoop on the first drive. – Ray Wert

Winding Road Issue 17.0 is now available! [Winding Road]

Related:

Detroit Auto Show Preview: 2009 Camaro Ragtop To See The Lights Of Cobo Hall? We Hear Yes; This Is Our Country, This Is Our Autobot: Transformers Trailer Hits The Web, Features Camaro Concept [internal]

http://feeds.gawker.com/~a/jalopnik/full?i=WRyuBR</img>

Read More...

Never liked convertibles after I owned one......

For a weekend toy maybe, but never as a DD.

I really do want a hardtop Camaro in 09 please....please...please release a SS version with the LS7 & keep it around 40K

Cant have my Ducati so this is going to have to do;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived