LegacyGT.com

Beta Testers needed for Megan Racing's new downpipe

Boostjunkie

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to retain as much of stock outward appearance as I can. Thats why I don't want to do CBE. My mods that are coming are the following:

AEM CAI (to be installed when I get a TDC protune on Jan 20th)

Accessport V 2.0

STI/Bosal UP

Cobb Catted DP

Thats all I am going to do for the time being.

You might want to make sure ... about your apt with TDC, don't know if you saw the other thread :( Looks like they are closing shop for a bit ...

???

so you are saying MR sucks or what?

confused

They make ok street level goods, but "quality in experience in racing and the industry"? Please. They've been existance for all of 5 years. I'm all for cheaper quality goods, but don't tell me these are "race" parts. Can you use some of them on a race car? Yeah.

I guarantee that parts like this won't hold in a real race:

http://meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=579&catid=108

Oh wait, but they probably mean street racing. Maybe they have cred there. Don't forget to install your c-pillar bar before you race though!

The internal C-Pillar Bar attaches to your seat belt brackets and is designed to help the vehicle handle better when taking corners by keeping the car in control.

What I have a problem with is the company trying to represent itself as something that it is not.

Warren

They make ok street level goods, but "quality in experience in racing and the industry"? Please. They've been existance for all of 5 years. I'm all for cheaper quality goods, but don't tell me these are "race" parts. Can you use some of them on a race car? Yeah.

I guarantee that parts like this won't hold in a real race:

http://meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=579&catid=108

Oh wait, but they probably mean street racing. Maybe they have cred there. Don't forget to install your c-pillar bar before you race though!

What I have a problem with is the company trying to represent itself as something that it is not.

Warren

Thank you for once again injecting your opinions Mr. Track God :icon_wink. I will be the first to concede that some of MR's efforts years ago were perhaps not the finest stuff in the land, but I can vouch for all their LGT stuff, mostly because I had a hand in conceiving and developing it all. They have come a long way in their 5 years of existence. Better designed products, built to very high standards.

Are MR products designed for hardcore professional track use... not really. They are quality products at a sensible price that any enthusiast can afford and enjoy. I don't see your continual need to bash a product with which you have absolutely no first hand experience with.

I value your thoughts, but I think they are misdirected. You seem to take more issue with some of the marketing the company has in the past. I have always been forthright and candid about the purpose and intended application of the part of the MR line that I represent, namely their LGT products. MR makes quality parts at a good price that suit the vast majority of street and occasional track day cars. That description fits 99+% of the LGT's out there. Who really cares if part of the company name is "Racing":icon_wink

More on topic, I am still looking for 3 more beta testers with different aftermarket catbacks. I have testers with the stock catback and the SPT catback. I'd like a tester with the Perrin catback, Autospeed and perhaps the Borla or something else. I have already confirmed fitment with the MR catback (duh!) :lol:

^Me either I was already looking into what to do with the wires, I was also going to buy new gaskets but they were included also along with new bolts for the turbo to downpipe connection.

Is the bug even necessary?

If you are refering to the "bung" on the bellmouth it is for people who want to run a wideband O2. It is not "necessary", but it's a nice little add-on that makes it easier to install a wideband and it can also make for a more professional tune because the air/fuel ratio readings will be more accurate there than at the tailpipe.

Installing now..been hearing a rattling for a long time actually since it was new.... now at 24K (only hear it when it is cold for some reason...took off the heat shiels and found the top two bolt on my down pipe had no nuts and the bolt were only being held in by the heatshield....sweeet

----WD40 is doing the trick wonderfully on the bolts

Bolted up to my SPT exhaust perfectly. :) Every thing lined up nice. Was able to do the install by myself. just finished at 12:30 am will reflash and fire it up in the morning.

Used the cobb instructions (they include heat shield trimming instructions)

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=158&d=1162325107

Easier to bolt up to the catback then the stock DP. Sounds awsome with my catback, didn't get too loud with my spt setup, the turbo spool sound has me smiling...took a video with my cell phone but it didn't capture the base good need to get my brother camcorder. very happy with this.

Sweet! Glad to here it working out well for you. Bumping this up. Still have 2 DP looking for a home. I'd also be interested to verify fitment on an 07 Spec B. PM me if you are interested. The special beta test price is $175 shipped.

Hey Paul,

I'm interested in your downpipe for the 5EAT, but I want a cat in there because of state inspections. (If I still lived in KS, this wouldn't be an issue!)

How much do you think a shop would charge to weld in an HFC? Would it even be worth it or should I just fork over the money for a Cobb catted dp?

Archived