some parts you may have lying around or can order (my

posts). You still have to steal wire #8 from the old connector,

but that shouldn't be too bad - and you don't have to do that

if you have manual HVAC controls or if you don't care if the

dimming function (on the radio/HVAC control panel) works

properly.

P.S. It'd help people help you better if you'd put the kind of car

you're driving (including model-year and whether or not it has

manual or automatic dual-zone HVAC controls) into your profile.

I apologize, I have an 05 LGT with auto controls

Thanks

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking I'd like to get the Aux going. I miss being able to control the iPod with the click wheel. The integration unit is too slow and cumbersome.

Looking forward to figuring out what the harness part number for the Aux plug is.

Maybe Opie can look it up for us? ;)

Basically I got a radio from a junkyard and there was the xm module attached to it...but no harness...

what year car was this? Can you check for the wiring harness from the aux in in the console to the radio and get us a part number?

Did Jeremy ever get back to you with this?

Thanks!

He sent me an email with a picture but I didnt think this was the cable.

We really need someone to get one so we can get a part number. I dont think he would want to order a bunch of stuff and it be wrong.

I ordered the radio from a junkyard, but its like 2000 miles away. I emailed the junkyard, the car is no longer there, and I'm without a harness to connect my xm to my headunit...anyone know if its sold alone or only with the whole xm package?

just a thought, you may try and see if a sterio shop might have one. This is a clarion unit with subaru's name on it. might only be a shot in the dard, but you might try.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Hey Ben

I actually tried that yesterday with no luck. I went to a friends shop that does audio installs, he contacted 2 people from Clarion for me and they both said that although Clarion makes the unit, its a proprietery pin setup for Subaru. I'll try contacting the dealerships around me but they won't find anything. Just getting my hands on some Extra S oil consisted of me calling Subaru to find out where I could find some and they called the dealer for me. They have to sell the harness seperately, if someone tries to steal a radio and cuts the harness I doubt they would have to order the whole xm unit again just for a wire...I'll keep on looking and let everyone know. If someone knows or see's something, please do let me know!

He sent me an email with a picture but I didnt think this was the cable.

We really need someone to get one so we can get a part number. I dont think he would want to order a bunch of stuff and it be wrong.

Gotcha. I may start calling some local wrecking yards to find out if they have an '07 or later on the lot and try to find this thing.

I'll post back here if I find something. ;)

So I found the part number I was looking for after using my Subaru contact. It took her 2 days, but she came through.

Part #H621SXA030

System says XM hardware, I'm guessing included is the harness, the antenna, the brackets and screws. MSRP is around 107 USD, but Jeremy gave me a very fair price

If you have an 05 like your signature says you will be missing the cable that goes from the radio to the antenna.

Search this thread for my name and you will find what you will possibly need. Although I installed a sirius tuner, I think the antenna and connectors will be the same.

If you have an 05 like your signature says you will be missing the cable that goes from the radio to the antenna.

Search this thread for my name and you will find what you will possibly need. Although I installed a sirius tuner, I think the antenna and connectors will be the same.

Took that in note already, but Im guessing with the part number stating XM Hardware, I would guess this would include everything I would need, except for the actual xm module. I'll let you all know what I receive!

Awesome thread folks...

Looking for an 07 HU myself too...

Those don't come easy.... Fingers crossed, tomorrow I will check a junkyard here with a wrecked 07 Spec B....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Flavio

check also www.car-part.com, this is where I found mine, paid a mere 150$+30$ shipping for an 07 unit, with an xm module attached to it :eek:

to only thing missing was the harness, in which I posted the part number for up top.

Let us know what you find!

Take care

Danny

Thanks for your advice Danny...

I checked one place, called them, but they couldn't tell me if the radio was working or not, so I am going to a local one that has a wrecked 07 Spec B.

Will keep you guys posted on this as soon as I find out...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Flavio,

Could you do us a favor and see if it's also got the harness that runs from the center armrest cubby to the stereo?

We're still trying to track down the part number for this harness that includes the connections for the Aux input.

Thanks!

Edited by goneskiian

I repeat if anybody can get us the part number for the AUX in wiring from the armrest area to the back of the radio, PLEASE, PLEASE do so.

EVEN if it means taking your console apart :icon_twis:lol:

Seriously though if anyone can take a look for us either at a salvage yard that has an 07 and up or if you have a car you can check for us please do so.

hahahahaha how long is it that you guys are trying to get that part number? Do you have any pics of it? I'll try my contact at Subaru Canada...but i don't want to burn her LOL. Let me know, and if it is stock in the Spec B's or whatever car.