LegacyGT.com

Cars that could have sold if they came with a set of balls

I love the SVX. I was lookign at purchasing one of them in 2004 and then the new style Legacy came out.

I post a little over at subaru-svx.net. There is ALOT of good SVX specific stuff there.

I've always wanted one. for a 1989 concept car... it surely was way before it's time. A modern SVX with an STi drivetrain would sell like hotcakes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about the late 90s Celica All-trac. It had a 240HP 3sgte, and all-wheel drive!

I saw only one of those in my life. It was year ~2000 and it was a 94 Celica. I hadn't even known an All-trac existed until I then.

I really really wanted one, but that was back when I was clearing about $600 a month.

I had a new body style celica and god it was slow. One thing about that car is the handling though i had 18 inch wheels and hotchkis springs. That thing would take a corner like none other. I dont mind the lines of the car although stock need s a bit of a touch up I prefer the veilside kit. I raced one at the track with a fully built motor and turbo and he didnt stand a chance running on slicks. He was catching me toward the 1/4 mark though.

Cars that were already mentioned.

Mustang SVO - Great car. Only had a three year life(84-86). Had all the right parts including a turbo four with a top mount intercooler(distant relative of the Leggy?:lol:).

Pontiac Fiero GT - They finally got this car right with more of a hatchback design then killed it off.

I had a 2000 Celica GTS and it mine wasn't slow. Only mod I had in it was a RMM intake and it would get mid to high 14's on my Gtec pro at the time. I think the times were pretty accurate because we put Gtec in my friends stock Pontiac GTP and he would get low 15's. I did have stock 15"s on mine though so that may have been why yours was slow.

I actually miss that car and will try to find another one as a commuter in another 2-3 years.

New Honda Civic Si. $20k+ and still doesn't have over 200hp

LGT Spec B. Same price if not more then an Sti, but no HID's, or 300hp.

Last generation GTI 1.8T. They sold ok, but quality issues plagued them and until 04 they didn't have over 180hp (R32 was 240hp). Even if they put the Audi TT 225 1.8T in it, would have made a difference.

05< Jetta GLI. With a sticker price that can go over $30k..........no awd and only 200hp please.

99-01 Impreza 2.5RS. If this car came to the states in a Wrx form.............it would have been a smash hit!

Nsx. I totally agree with what's been said. For a car that was supposed to be a super car...........it sure was super slow compared to similiarly priced performance cars.

Archived