LegacyGT.com

Intake for a 07 legacy gt?

bnsfelectrican

Save you money for an up-pipe and panel filter. Intakes are a tempting mod and engine bay bling, but you won't see much of a gain. That said, the AEM is my current favortite if/when I get a bigger turbo. +1 for them being NOISY. Lots of whooshing and hissing, not my cup of tea.

Welcome to the board. :)

Save you money for an up-pipe and panel filter. Intakes are a tempting mod and engine bay bling, but you won't see much of a gain. That said, the AEM is my current favortite if/when I get a bigger turbo. +1 for them being NOISY. Lots of whooshing and hissing, not my cup of tea.

Welcome to the board. :)

07's dont need uppipe upgrades...

AEM, I ran this intake for almost a year with no problems while completely stock. i saw better mpg and a little better throttle response. it is even better after going stage 2.:icon_bigg

My parents are in Salem. I am actually coming home for xmas this weekend. Any other LGT owners in the area that you know of?

Stock airbox and a decent panel filter are more than sufficient for a stock turbo setup.

Thats what I was thinking. I am completely stock with a AVO Panel Filter at the moment.

But, my list of mods that are in transit right now are:

Catted Cobb DP (its sitting at Patagonian GT's house :) )

STI Bosal/UP

Accessport V 2.0

Custom Tune by TDC on January 20th

I was considering the TMIC, but its a little pricey for me at the moment. If the AEM CAI produces the horsepower that TDC says it is producing with a custom tune, I feel like the $200 would be worth it to spend. I like the whoosh sound also. What do you guys think? My goal is to dyno 250 whp (after the custom tune)

According to TDC, with a proper tune, the AEM CAI provides approximately 10 HP to the crank. Check out the TDC post. That have the charts to prove it on the post.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49835

Let me know when you can feel 10 HP at the crank :)

I got the K&N Typhoon, and my only reason was A. It was cheap (bought used here), and B. I want the noise. (I actually am addicited to it, I waste more fuel unneccesarily boosting up a bit and letting off the gas just to hear the psshhh)

If you get a CAI its really AEM or K&N, and you'll need a tune. If for anything else, to get your car working at its best.

Just like CBE's the gain is minimal, and its really about the sound..at least for me.

If you ever want to run a bigger turbo though, you will have plenty of air coming in with a CAI.

If you don't plan on upgrading the turbo, or if you don't want added noise, there is no reason to replace anything. The stock airfilter flows plenty for the stock turbo. Anything with more flow is wasted air.

Let me know when you can feel 10 HP at the crank :)

I got the K&N Typhoon, and my only reason was A. It was cheap (bought used here), and B. I want the noise. (I actually am addicited to it, I waste more fuel unneccesarily boosting up a bit and letting off the gas just to hear the psshhh)

If you get a CAI its really AEM or K&N, and you'll need a tune. If for anything else, to get your car working at its best.

Just like CBE's the gain is minimal, and its really about the sound..at least for me.

If you ever want to run a bigger turbo though, you will have plenty of air coming in with a CAI.

If you don't plan on upgrading the turbo, or if you don't want added noise, there is no reason to replace anything. The stock airfilter flows plenty for the stock turbo. Anything with more flow is wasted air.

10 HP at the crank is only about 5 HP at the flywheel, but nonetheless. I like the noise, but I don't like the look of upgraded exhaust. It looks ricey to me.

10 HP at the crank is only about 5 HP at the flywheel, but nonetheless. I like the noise, but I don't like the look of upgraded exhaust. It looks ricey to me.

Actually 10 at the crank is also 10 at the flywheel, they are connected. :lol:

But to the wheels your at around 5-7 hp!

Archived