LegacyGT.com

2007 spec b badge rear trunk

2006Specb122

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK well I have all my badges on.... not sure how I feel about them.

Part of me says I better feel good because I just paid good money for them.

The other part tells me it was a cleaner look without anything there.

Maybe it will grow on me because I'm used to it being clean for a year now.

part of me wants to leave it on because I think it sticks out more when it is debadged. Cops and people ask themselves what the HELL is that car. I actually got pullled over one night and all the cop did was ask me what kind of car I had and where did I buy it. At first I thought those were weird questions but then I just answered politely and sure enough he just let me go and said have a nice night. He didn't give me a ticket...but then again I wasn't speeding either.

So...perhaps just to give cops one less reason to pull me over I will leave them on. Then they don't have to ask what kind of car is that..they can just look and read "Legacy Spec B"

subawd.thumb.jpg.0f3f514bfdd10a00ea79bf1e18607a06.jpg

445451500_specbonly.thumb.jpg.52e48ca3063a8e8272dc45044970056f.jpg

1487395802_rearback.thumb.jpg.9263ffb9df8f2285170f8a9c4c082eb5.jpg

awdspecbrear.thumb.jpg.dfd5a4faf402b1736242ee8a9bb3308a.jpg

It looks good. It might look a tad crowded, but then I've got a slightly debadged wagon- everything else looks crowded to me.

That "one less reason" can be worth it. Chrome that doesn't say much of anything is less visible than no chrome at all. The Spec B nameplate is good for that. It's clear and honest, but it doesn't say GT, turbo, sport or anything else obviously performnce oriented.

Just finish hooking mine up as well,

It feel like there's just a little too much information back there.

Yeah, like I said in my review... I'm not nearly as excited as when I debadged the first time but it might be due to the fact that I'm so used to it being empty back there. I'll try it for a while see what kind of reaction I get....

then go from there......

you leave it on for now as well?

ordered one.

:lol: NICE..looks like they might sell a few hundred of those....

pluse whatever 2007 models get crushed

my car was keyed a few months into owning my vehicle...

it's on the trunk area

If I was to pay to have it fixed I wonder if the body shop would figure it out and get my spec b badging for it or if they would just order 2006 badging....

interesting idea....

The parts specifying programs that body shops use suck even worse than the ones the dealers use. They come up with part numbers that don't exist, are for totally different versions of the vehicles, wrong colors and model years. They know this and so do the dealers, so we all work around it. The body shop guys want the car to roll out looking like it did before it got damaged. The dealers want to sell parts.

Since parts catalogs suck, people go by what they see. They won't order a set of 06 nameplates, they'd order:

-Emblem, Subaru

-Nameplate, Subaru

-Nameplate, AWD

-Nameplate, Legacy

-Nameplate, Spec B

They'd have part numbers alongside the descriptions, and some of them might even be accurate. The dealer's parts guy might call to confirm anything odd, but they're there to sell parts, not play chrome police. They sold it to you without an hassle, too.

You'll be fine if you get it done.

• 1 year later...

Archived