LegacyGT.com

2007 spec b badge rear trunk

2006Specb122

When I first took my 2006 Spec B home one of the first things I did wad de-badge the car. I didn't like the fact that it failed to mention spec b anywhere on the car except for behind the shifter.

Now for the 2007 model I noticed on Subaru's web site the Spec B now comes with the proper identification that it should have had back in 2006. I figure din 2006 it was so new they didn't have time to do everythign and the badge tool the back seat.

I didn't leave the 2.5 GT on it since it wasn't a GT.

Now that the official factory spec b badge is avaialbe I'm sure plenty of people will be ordering it for their 2006 spec b.

Any chance anyone has a part number already?

I tried a search and couldn't find much on this so I dont' know if it has been done yet.

I have a couple quesitons.

How much for the 2007 rear badging. I think I would want the full set.

Subaru for the left side and Legacy Spec B for the right side.

the biggest question is does it come with the full size template for easy installation. By this I mean that I've seen other badges sold for other cars and they came with an oversized peice of paper attached that you just fit to the panel surrounding the badge. This makes installing and alligning the badge VERY easy.

If anyone has any information on this please post! :)

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK,

I checked and yes subaruparts.com is selling it for $46!

Can anyone verify if the badge comes with a template for easy mounting?

Also, I assume that part number is just the "SPEC.b" part

Iwould want the "SUBARU" and "LEGACY" to match the 2007 as well.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the 3:31 am response....

You plan on getting some for your spec b?

It was 6:31 here in New York and you're welcome.

As you did I also removed the 2.5 GT Badge from my car

and yes I will be replacing the Legacy Badge with Spec.B one.

I took off the 2.5 GT to lay low. I've kept toying with getting the "Power Wagon" from a Dodge 2500, but It feels a little ricey- that and it's $75.

I've never heard of a template for nameplates before. Ones like "Subaru" and "Legacy" would just have too many applications for it to make sense. "2.5 GT" has sedans and wagons to worry about, but they really just guide off of the "Legacy." I'd imagine the "Spec B" is in the same boat. It wouldn't have a specific location, as such, but it would line up appropriately with the other nameplates.

It's interesting that you're denying that your Spec B is a GT at all. What is it a Spec B of, then? I could see insisting that it's not simply a GT, but why the hate?

Hey Fat Charlie,

I wasn't trying to hate on the GT.....in fact if someone really asks I will refer to the car as a "2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Spec b" but thats a REALLY long name.

I was upset the 2006 did not label the car with its model name.

It would be similar to not labeling the STI..people would that that was wrong to just label it an IMPREZA WRX for both the STI and the WRX.

People are already confused about what in the world I'd drive... I'd like to be celar about it and have the actual model noted on the car especially since it has now become an actual model line. (Not everyone gets the benefit of sitting in the car and seeing the limited name plaque.)

Also, Subaru will benefit from having the car labeled so people will actually know what to buy when they go to the dealership.

I actually met a guy on this site who lives in my neighborhood. Part of his decision to buy a spec b was because he saw me driving around town while he was in his Acura. I made it hard on him because I had no badge on the rear. He eventually figured it out when he visited the subaru dealership...funny story...

The only reason I found him was because the dealership was confused and thought I was him when I came by to purchase oil filters. LOL

2007 Spec B rear badge 93073AG560

If anyone has purchased this yet please post a picture of the part right out of the box. It better come with a mounting template because I just got off the phone with my local Subaru dealership and they quoted me the price at $92.15.

That is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe I hung up the phone without screaming.

I just said thank you and goodbye.

Can you believe that price? Somethign that cost them lieterally $2.00 maybe?

It is horrible. Of course they don't stock that part so you not only pay $100 with tax but you have to wait as well.

I'd be better off taking some fishing line to their 2007 spec b on the lot. :)

Like I said if anyone has it let me know and definately order the part online!!!

WOW

I would need to order the Subaru and Legacy from the same car..(07 spec b).anyone have any part numbers for that.

2007 Spec B rear badge 93073AG560

If anyone has purchased this yet please post a picture of the part right out of the box.

Placed an order with SubaruParts.com (Total $56.76) a few days ago.

http://www.subaruparts.com/cart/?pn=93073AG560&submit.x=12&submit.y=3

I should have it before the end of the year, I'll post pictures then.

Placed an order with SubaruParts.com (Total $56.76) a few days ago.

http://www.subaruparts.com/cart/?pn=93073AG560&submit.x=12&submit.y=3

I should have it before the end of the year, I'll post pictures then.

Not sure if it was there when you ordered but I clicked on the link and they sho in the top of the page a promotional code discount. I entered it and got an additional $5 off the price. This comes out to 41 plus shipping. That is much less than the 92.15 I was told on the phone earlier by the dealership.

WOW

They did label the car with its model name. You own a Legacy. The GT is a submodel. Limited and Spec B are trim levels.

It was dumb of Subaru to not have nameplates on the 06 Spec B. They hyped the car and made it a numbered edition, but you have to get inside the car to even know. Subaru has been moving upmarket in the power department for the last several years, but their marketing people could fuc# up a free lunch. Every other trim level from every other carmaker in the world is marked. DX, LE, SE, XT, SI, GL, XLT, SEL. Within the Subaru community it makes perfect sense to use trim level shorthand. Outside it, it really doesn't.

As to the price and availability of the Spec B nameplate, it looks right. This isn't eye candy for every kid on the block to buy- the only customers for it are body shops and dealers that get debadged Spec Bs traded in. What's the nationwide demand for that, 10 a week, tops? Any parts manager that stocks this is probably going to get fired. It's not an alternator. Your car can run fine without it, so there's no urgent need to have one on hand at all times. All auto parts are hideously expensive because the distribution system is disgustingly inefficient. There are a lot of warehouses full of parts and a lot of 18 wheelers driving all over the country to each dealer every day. All that adds to the dealer's cost. There are a lot of things that the dealers don't want to wait even one day for, even though they never sell. Losing money on inventory isn't a sustainable business model, so they need a lot of markup.

Don't be the guy that screams "but it's just a little piece of plastic!" over a price that you think is too high. You want cheap, go to Pep Boys. What's so important about a template? A compressor doesn't come with installation instructions. A lug nut doesn't come with torque specs. Belts don't come with routing diagrams. Why would anyone think to include a template with every bit of bling, especially when many of them are used on multiple vehicles?

Not sure if it was there when you ordered but I clicked on the link and they sho in the top of the page a promotional code discount. I entered it and got an additional $5 off the price. This comes out to 41 plus shipping.

Good find, I missed out on that one.

Oh well it's only money, I'll go out tomorrow and make some more.

They did label the car with its model name. You own a Legacy. The GT is a submodel. Limited and Spec B are trim levels.

It was dumb of Subaru to not have nameplates on the 06 Spec B. They hyped the car and made it a numbered edition, but you have to get inside the car to even know. Subaru has been moving upmarket in the power department for the last several years, but their marketing people could fuc# up a free lunch. Every other trim level from every other carmaker in the world is marked. DX, LE, SE, XT, SI, GL, XLT, SEL. Within the Subaru community it makes perfect sense to use trim level shorthand. Outside it, it really doesn't.

As to the price and availability of the Spec B nameplate, it looks right. This isn't eye candy for every kid on the block to buy- the only customers for it are body shops and dealers that get debadged Spec Bs traded in. What's the nationwide demand for that, 10 a week, tops? Any parts manager that stocks this is probably going to get fired. It's not an alternator. Your car can run fine without it, so there's no urgent need to have one on hand at all times. All auto parts are hideously expensive because the distribution system is disgustingly inefficient. There are a lot of warehouses full of parts and a lot of 18 wheelers driving all over the country to each dealer every day. All that adds to the dealer's cost. There are a lot of things that the dealers don't want to wait even one day for, even though they never sell. Losing money on inventory isn't a sustainable business model, so they need a lot of markup.

Don't be the guy that screams "but it's just a little piece of plastic!" over a price that you think is too high. You want cheap, go to Pep Boys. What's so important about a template? A compressor doesn't come with installation instructions. A lug nut doesn't come with torque specs. Belts don't come with routing diagrams. Why would anyone think to include a template with every bit of bling, especially when many of them are used on multiple vehicles?

Fat Charlie,

Although I agree with several of your points I feel a little bit of an attitude creeping in. In fact if you read my comments I actually said some of the same things you said. Beleive me I'm not about to "be the guy who screams" but it's just a little peice of plastic. I sell software for a living and I hear it all the time. "That CD costs me $6,000.00, but it's just a little peice of plastic!"

And please... I never said I expected them to stock that item. My dealer sold TWO 2006 Spec b's last year and probably haven't sold one 2007 spec b yet so why on earth would they need that part. I simply said I can't even see it because they will never have it unless I order it. They loose no money by having it in inventory because they don't have it. To charge $92.15 to take 2 minutes to order me a badge that should have come with the car kinda sucks.

Check this out. I bought a 1989 Saleen Mustang in 1999. It was eleven years old when I bough it used. It also had a numbered nameplate behind the shifter in addition to proper badign on the rear of the car. I noticed a few months after I had it that the name plate was coming loose. In fact it started peeling right off. Then I realized it was just a sticker on top of another name plate. The name plate it was stuck to was for a truck that Saleen did for one year. I called Saleen. It turns out that my car (#53) was an early car that year and they had a shortage of name plates early in the year. They used some extra old nameplates and printed stickers to put over them in order to get the cars out the door and to the dealerships. Saleen told me they would happily send me the proper name plate for my car with my individual number. (That is 100x the work of a generic "SPEC B" rear badge. They got me the plate within a week or two. It was brand new and made me a very happy customer. I had an 11 year old car and I bought it used.

They didn't charge me a cent. That is customer service! Hey, why should they charge me for something the car should have come with.

My only complaint is that the dealer wants nearly $100.00. That is over-charging. I don't mind paying for it but obviuosly when www.subaruparts.com can sell it for 41 and stil make money selling it for 92 is overkill. Besides, everyone knows that dealerships make more money on parts and service than on actually selling cars. :icon_bigg

As for the template... you have horrible analogies on why they shouldn't come with a template. A belt, lug nut, or alternator can really only go on ONE way.

A sticky badge can go on an infinite number of ways. That's more than a million different ways it can go on. I saw a clever, simple, and very inexpensive way to ensure the badge goes on the right way every time. They simply supplied paper connected to the badte that matched the body lines of the panel that the badge adheres to. peel it off line it up and you're done. No worries about whether it is straight or in the right place. You can't exactly remove and reapply the badge if you think it is slightly off.

By the way...... does anyone have the other part numbers for the 07 spec b badges?

search is my friend...I'll check with him...

Nice. Saleen did a good job there. They knew that their plate was a hack and fixed it after 11 years. I've seen parts discontinued and unavailable after 9 years. It shouldn't matter that Saleen is a premium brand. Backing your work and your product is a lot rarer than it should be.

My analogies are real life. A serp belt can go around 5 or 6 pullies and it has to go in a specific pattern. Spinning a water pump pulley in the wrong direction, while possible, is a bad idea. Belts don't come with diagrams. Lug nuts only go on one way, but overtorquing will ruin them. I sell bunches of wheel studs and nuts because some idiots use impact wrenches with sockets to mount wheels. Lug nuts don't come with torque specs. Nameplates can not only be applied any number of ways, they can be applied to any number of vehicles. Take the chrome "Subaru." There's no reason that all of their vehicles shouldn't use the same part number. So which vehicle should they supply a template for? A Forrester? An Impreza hatchback? How about a Legacy sedan. Which model year? Nameplates and decals have places that they belong in, but I've never seen measurements published. From the picture I saw, lining it up with "Legacy" would do the job. On a naked trunk, I'd say horizontal at a height that looks good. You can dry fit it with tape and stand back to look.

Beleive me I'm not about to "be the guy who screams" but it's just a little peice of plastic. I sell software for a living and I hear it all the time. "That CD costs me $6,000.00, but it's just a little peice of plastic!"

Can you believe that price? Somethign that cost them lieterally $2.00 maybe?

Ahem. I sell auto parts for a living. You're right in seeing an attitude, but it's not personal (personally, we're both here because we love our cars), it's as a parts guy. The high prices aren't actually going into anyone's pockets, it's just a very inefficient business. I've only run ito one guy whose store set its own prices. Everyone else I've seen uses the list price set by the factory- I'm not the one marking it up. As a retail customer, you pay retail prices. Assuming dealer cost is $40 (so online stores can get $46 and stay open), then $92 seems excessive- except that it's not an essential part and they aren't trying to sell it to the general public, just for Spec Bs that need replacement nameplates. You can find anything cheaper online. Dealers aren't actually in competition with online stores. They can charge less because they don't have the same expenses. You can get a lot more service at a dealer, though- you don't need to know your part numbers in advance, among other things. It's a different business and comparing prices isn't comparing apples to apples.

I know it's a minor screw up in the big picture, but hyping a special edition and remembering to make a nameplate for it a year later just looks amateurish. They won't send out nameplates to 06 owners because it's not for the 06. Of course, these are the people that build LGT wagons with 5MTs but won't sell them in the country that they're made in.

The engineering and design people are tops. The marketing people must have dropped out of school.

HA HA!!!

Yeah that's how it goes. If Subaru were smart they would offer the badge to all 2006 owners as a "SPECIAL OFFER." They would get some serious loyalty points from the 06 spec b owners and what they'd be out a MAXIMUM of 500 peices.

"IF" everyone took them up on their offer.

I know better than to even ask them to do something like that.

I know it's a minor screw up in the big picture, but hyping a special edition and remembering to make a nameplate for it a year later just looks amateurish. They won't send out nameplates to 06 owners because it's not for the 06. Of course, these are the people that build LGT wagons with 5MTs but won't sell them in the country that they're made in.

The engineering and design people are tops. The marketing people must have dropped out of school.

+1

The 06 Spec.B is what the 06 Spec.B is numbered plate and all. Great car.

Stay OEM FTW. The paint scheme alone is to die for. Man, its looks ******* great!

Good find, I missed out on that one.

Oh well it's only money, I'll go out tomorrow and make some more.

Hey MacLGT-B

I just ordered some stuff myself. Post a pic when you get it and let me know how long they took getting it to you.

It's not going to be a part that is easy to find.

I can't imagine they made a ton of them. But..you never know...someone is bound to get rear ended in a LGT so maybe they'll stock a few somewhere in the U.S.

Anyways... I got all the part numbers I needed from OPIE

Search Legacy Part Numbers

He told me that the Spec B part number comes with the legacy shown above it so that's a plus.

Then I ordered the matching Subaru for the other side so I'll have the original 07 rear badging. Which is exactly what i think it should have and if it had been that way in 06 I would have left it alone.

I have one question for you or anyone else listening Mac....

Before you apply the badge are you going to PREP the paint with anything?

If you're like me there is probably about $200 worth of paint proecting polymers and high end wax on the paint. I'd hate for this $200 badge to fall of after a week because it wouldn't "STICK."

Do you have any plans? Perhaps someone with some experience can chime in.

OC DETAILS? you around?

Just got an email today my Emblem ship out from:

TACOMA SUBARU NISSAN Tacoma, WA 98409 United States

Schedule delivery date is 12/27/06, will take pictures and keep you posted.

In reference on how to install the Badge, what I've done in the past is clean the area where the badge will install with rubbing alcohol and some clay bar, I believe that removes some of the wax biuld-up.

But that question should be addresses to OCDetail, just to be on the safe side... http://www.ocdetails.com

Yes I agree...that's why I called for him earlier...doesn't he do searches for his name references...come on.... OCDETAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good idea..clay bar...that I don't have...always wanted one...guess this is a good excuse... "RUBBING ALCOHOL" ...that sounds scary...not sure I want to pour alcohol anywhere except inside the gas tank.

Archived