LegacyGT.com

Subi's and headlights

Mike_02GT_02R6

I've owned my GT for about a year now and have went through at least 5 different sets of headlights and foglights. Granted I removed the stock bulbs that were still good only 3 months after I bought the car and replaced them with blue aftermarket lights. The lights are 30 bucks a pair so they might be kind of cheap, but I've gone through way to many sets to blame the lights. I also used the same bulbs in my streetbike and haven't had one problem with them going out. There seems to be something fishy about the wiring in subi's. And after experiencing this with my car, I've kept an eye out for other subi's with bulbs and I cant believe how many times I see it. I'd estimate ever 1 out of 5 subi's I see has a light out. Can anyone offer any kind of explanation about this?

Same 2 years and 30k miles. Had one headlamp go out, replaced under warranty. Fog lamps on most of the time to supplement headlamps; haven't lost one yet. There's a good auto bulb vendor on the internet, but I can't recall the exact address. I think it's something like autobulbsdepot and is based in England.

I've owned my LGT for about 2 years now (30k miles) and have the original headlight and foglight bulbs. Don't buy junk blue bulbs and see if that helps.

got nothing to do with "junk blue bulbs" or any other type of bulb you buy. I"ve had the same problem Mike has had. Search and you'll find others who have expressed their frustration over this issue.

I went through at least 2-3 sets of stock bulbs before I pulled my DRL's and switched to silverstars. those sucked too. ended up replacing every 3-4 mo. Switched to PIAA's and they seemed to last alot longer, yet I've got to replace those now too.

Unexplainable..........some have all the luck and others don't. thinking about going to HIDS here soon.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I dont know if its the junk bulbs or not. I have had them in my R6 for almost 2 years now and haven't had a problem with them. My local Subi Dealership sells the blue PIAA lights, but I dont want to drop the $80 just to have them go out also.

C-lo, how long did the PIAA's last for you?

Same 2 years and 30k miles. Had one headlamp go out, replaced under warranty. Fog lamps on most of the time to supplement headlamps; haven't lost one yet. There's a good auto bulb vendor on the internet, but I can't recall the exact address. I think it's something like autobulbsdepot and is based in England.

Daniel Stern Lighting

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/bad/bad.html

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Archived