LegacyGT.com

Let a friend drive my car... here's what happened:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OUCH!!!! The only person who will drive my LGT is my girlfriend. She doesn't speed, she doesn't get tickets, and she doesn't try to take turns in the snow way too fast. Is this guy/person still your friend? I guarantee he won't be once the repair bills arrive. I'd report it to my insurance.

Sorry bro. I never let anyone borrow my girlfriend or my car.

I did let a few others drive my car but on bone dry roads and me knowing they can hold the wheel. But at the first snow flake or rain drop, my very own father will pull over and give me the car.

I know the damn car, what it can and what it cannot do and where the limits are.

Im actually suprised at all the people who are flaming on the friend. Sure its his fault, thats a no brainer right there. But as for the whole incident, he did say that his friend has experience in all types of driving. Not specifically the Legacy, but in all different types of conditions and places. So given that its the friends fault, its not due to complete stupidity and lack of ability, just a very unfortunate mishap. Obviously it sucks big time, and the friend might never drive the Legacy again... lol.. but I've got a friend that I would let drive my car and if something like that happened we would still be friends. Our relationship is based on more than a car.

Hopefully all goes well. When my repairs were completed my car seems to drive just as well as it did before the mishap, the auto-body shop actually took it to the Subaru dealership for the allignment and to make sure that the repairs were done correctly. So if you have that option I would highly recommend that to them. If done correctly, you shouldnt even notice that anything was damaged.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Executor is right. We're being too tough on him. Shit does happen and this is a prime example of it. Good luck with the repairs. I hope you get your car on the road quickly.

This forum has always been obnoxious and rude to people in accidents. Really spoils the experience IMO.

This forum has always been obnoxious and rude to people in accidents. Really spoils the experience IMO.

Not to pile on, but I have to pile on here. There are "accidents" and then there are "incidents." Someone pulling out in front of you/running a light/ etc. is more of an accident. Sliding around in parking lots with evil curbs lurking about puts a bit more of the onus upon the driver.

Now, the original poster never says "It wasn't our fault, we honked and the curb didn't get out of the way!" so I don't want this to sound like I'm flaming him or his friend the curb-kisser. A few people may have gotten a bit carried away with that, but I haven't gotten the impression that the members of this board are too hard on people this kind of thing happens to, they just rationally look at what was posted and sometimes say "Hey, if you hadn't been doing X, Y wouldn't have happened."

I just never drive in parking lots. there is all sorts of stuff you cant see when its snowing.

deep drain holes

parking curbs

grassy knolls *spelling*?

small children

poles

trees

curbs

ok many of those you can see, but that does not mean you will necessarily avoid them!

Archived