LegacyGT.com

Let a friend drive my car... here's what happened:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't gotten mad yet. I don't think reality has set in.

Dude i feel you! I felt the same way when i learnd my lesson, although the price i paid was only a tire.

My best friend asked permision to drive my car and i couldn't say no. He drove my car on to the divider area between lanes where pole holes are and blown my rear left tire, and screch both left side rims. I didn't got pissed right away, but it was the 2 days later when i mad at myself for my stupidity leting friend drive my car.

we all've done something stupid in our life. somebody should come up with a list of things we shouldn't be engaged to with our Legacy, so our LGTers wont make the same mistakes we made.

Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Come on guys. We've all played, at least once. Most of us didn't have anything bad happen. If I was out with a friend with that kind of experience, I'd let him have a turn- no problem, meestah. My playtime damages total are one tire sacrificed to a curb. That's luck. It could have been worse, but it wasn't.

Give Prod a break and show a little compassion. Neither he nor his friend did anything wrong, as such. Things just worked out wrong and now his car is down and very suspect. That blows.

Not to pile on, but I have to pile on here. There are "accidents" and then there are "incidents." Someone pulling out in front of you/running a light/ etc. is more of an accident. Sliding around in parking lots with evil curbs lurking about puts a bit more of the onus upon the driver.

Now, the original poster never says "It wasn't our fault, we honked and the curb didn't get out of the way!" so I don't want this to sound like I'm flaming him or his friend the curb-kisser. A few people may have gotten a bit carried away with that, but I haven't gotten the impression that the members of this board are too hard on people this kind of thing happens to, they just rationally look at what was posted and sometimes say "Hey, if you hadn't been doing X, Y wouldn't have happened."

You're entitled to your opinion about the behavior of the members here, I just don't agree with it. There's telling someone they screwed up and acted like an idiot, and then there's being a gang of jerks harping on the guy for his mistake when he knows well enough he screwed up. Aside for certain situations, it happens almost every time and it's one reason I don't come to this board to often.

I am glad you are finally coming around :lol:

IF you are doing some hoonage in the snow, nothing short of tank tracks can help you.

Haha - tanks can slide also. There's not a lot scarier than seeing a tank sliding down a hill towards you, with both tracks locked up. Running on the ice that is allowing the tank to become a 60+ ton sled is not easy, no matter how motivated you are! Vibram = Nokian or I would not be here......

Who Dares Wins

スバル

It looks alot worse than it really is. The LCA on these cars are designed to fold and absorb the impact, have seen many in the body shop like that.

A new LCA, and a fender, wheel, tire, align and you'll be good to go.

Your friend must feel terrible, I would.

The important thing is no one got hurt!

Archived