LegacyGT.com

Best All-Season Tire

meliaant

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The local tire joint went through three sets of Neros on my LGT. NONE of them would balance. Just piss-poor quality control there.

I went with the Michelins. They are great all-around daily driver tires and way way better than the re92 POS.

In all honesty, I did ghave to rebalance my Kumhos twice.

(how can the assurance tripletread be #1 last year, and #16 this year?)

That's addressed in the latest issue of CR. I don't have it handy, but they mentioned something to do with a wider range of tires being tested this year. At least that's what I seem to recall.

It's been mentioned a few times already, but give the RE960 a serious look. With the exception of exactly one review on tirerack, I can't find anyone who dislikes these tires.

-

Jim

I definately disagree with you there. Great tires, once driven on, teach you how bad most tires are. A great car, once cornered hard, shows you what POS's most cars are.

You will notice a difference even in the dry. No question about it.

To each his own.

Completely not the point.

The point is that on dry roads, the average speed you can maintain is seldom limited by the car and tires - it's by speed limits or how fast the SUV in the passing lane is going.

But in bad weather, the right tires might allow you to reasonably sustain speeds that are 25+% higher than less suitable tires.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

last season i ran WS 55 on the wrx (great tire in the snow, ok on dry pavment).

i just put on a set of LM 25 on the LGT (great on dry pavement havn't driven on snow yet).

i drive 2 1/2 hrs every other sunday up to VT to snowboard and the WS 55 was a little noisy on the dry pavement, but excellent on snow and ice.

Archived