LegacyGT.com

Spec B owners, R180 rear???

RS22b

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its a size of a rear...

Most Subaru models come with a R160 rear diff case.

STi and possibly Spec B have a R180 case.

300ZX and some other Nissan models have a R200 case.

C'mon ppl. Someone has to know this.

_billy

Subaru is to Nissan as BMW is to:

1. Ford

2. General Motors

3. Toyota

4. Porsche

Actually, the reason is given here and here.

Ok, I didn't realize Nissan was making these diffs (obviously).

Yeah, I know, Subaru uses (used) Nissan's part bin extensively. To this day power window switches are from Nissan. Heck, 2nd gen Legacy has exactly the same AC controls like 2nd gen Altima...

its a size of a rear...

Most Subaru models come with a R160 rear diff case.

STi and possibly Spec B have a R180 case.

300ZX and some other Nissan models have a R200 case.

C'mon ppl. Someone has to know this.

_billy

it's BILLY!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!

not sure on the Spec b, but for all I know, they should be R160s.. (hub bolt pattern is what Im going by for now).. I think the only R180 that mated with a 5x100 hub would be the 04 STi? Im a bit suprised that the Spec B 07 would use an R180 without needing to go with a larger bolt pattern.. kinda ass backwards of not upgrading the hub while you're at it, you know?

Keefe

it's BILLY!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!

not sure on the Spec b, but for all I know, they should be R160s.. (hub bolt pattern is what Im going by for now).. I think the only R180 that mated with a 5x100 hub would be the 04 STi? Im a bit suprised that the Spec B 07 would use an R180 without needing to go with a larger bolt pattern.. kinda ass backwards of not upgrading the hub while you're at it, you know?

Yo Dude!

Actually the whole reason that they went with the 5x114 is bc of the brembo brakes and the particular drag coeficcient on a smaller 5x100 wasnt working out so well for pad and disc wear. They found that under heavy braking/ cornering (i think) that it was causing some significant uneven wear and tear on the items.

The 04 STi, whilst having the R180 and still the 5x100, hubs were still enlarged from the normal every other subaru model hub with a different spline count and larger bearing.

Great news from all on the R180 confrimation!!!

Very excited now to check in on some more things. Of course i will give you all a guide and such on this when the project is done.

Part #'s

particular years and models of cars

and always what to expect.

Pretty sure i have the driveshaft figured out i just need to find one used.

Once i complete my research on the axle issue i will prob most likely order all parts needed and have a go at it over one weekends time.

_billy

Archived