LegacyGT.com

Those with Perrin exhaust

Trax

I have the Perrin mufflers only. I really love the sound of the exhaust. I do not experience any drone. Alos, at idle it is not loud at all but you can notice the difference between the sound of the Perrin and the stock (nice rubble). I wanted to get the mufflers first to see how I like the sound before getting a whole CBE or TBE. I believe the drone that some have mentioned are mostly the wagon owners.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

So far I'm encouraged! Anyone with full CBE?

Yes, i have the full catback and love it. The quality is good, except i had to bend my rear muffler hangers (on the car, not the cans) a bit to get both sides to line up perfect. The sound is great. It's loud when you get on it, it may drone a little on the highway, but I don't mind it. I had the just the axlebacks and then bought the mid and y-pipe. It's def louder with the full system. I am not running any cats either. Overall it's a good system for the money. :icon_cool

I have the full CBE connected to a Cobb catted DP... and it drones like an old lady with a bull horn (as in it drove me nuts on my 1.5 hour commute) i ran the stock cans for awile but couldnt live with myself letting the perrin cans waste away in my shed.. so i got about 15 sqft of dynamat and covered every inch of metal in the trunk that i could with it. the drone is pretty much gone now.

now, instead of the teeth rattleing rumble that i had before, it is a nice low tone in the cabin with the mean growl outside.

I've got a Perrin CBE arriving either tomorrow or next monday. Can't wait to install it.

Question (lame, yes, but I have to ask) - if I take the car in for warranty work (don't know of a mod-friendly dealer), you think they'll get pissy about an aftermarket exhaust?

Warranty claim on the back of the exhaust system, they won't cover.

Warranty claim on anything else... shouldn't make a difference, unless they can establish that the exhaust pipes created the failure.

Unless the dealership is just crap, in which case, don't have your car worked on there, anyway.

i ordered just the catback pipes that will connect to my stock mufflers...i will let you know how it sounds.....this look like they are a very high quality piece

Yeah, could you tell us how this set-up is. Its something I have been considering as well, and I'm curious to see a review.

Thanks

so are you saying with the stock mufflers there was no drone? I am considering the perrin mid pipe and y pipes with tmy stock mufflers, but am very afraid of drone, drone that others barely notice gives me a headache.

there was no drone whatsoever when i had that setup... i ran that for almost a year and loved it... the only thing i noticed that was diffrent from a full stock CBE was that you get a little bit of a gutteral tone when you go WOT... not drone, i could only hear it with the windows down.

I absolutely LOVE mine. I experience a little bit of a drone (I keep my music low) on the highway especially going down hill at all, but Im looking into the silencers perrin offers, or so Im told anyways.

If i get them, ill let everyone know!

Thanks,

Andy

Sounds pretty good so far. I'm very encouraged. I love the idea of a deep growl. My wife wants a(nother) Mustang, but when I really quizzed her, what she really likes about the Mustang is the growl (ain't she cool)! I personally dislike drone, but horknfbr's solution - to use dynamat in the trunk is a great idea to overcome it.

• 7 months later...
Has anyone inserted the Perrin Silencers to the exhaust tips? And if so, do they feel any loss of power? Dyno runs with and without would be even better!!
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Ok - I've had the perrin catback on my car for a few months now and I'm very happy with it. Initially it was a bit loud for me, but I was comparing it to stock. A couple weeks with it on the car and I was very much enjoying it. No highway droning, esp compared to the Apexi N1 I had on my supra (painful).

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. The exhaust rumbles distinctly both at idle and cruise, but barks nicely at WOT.

Archived