LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 LGT 06 vs Stock Evo 06..

AWD w/ mods, vs AWD w/out mods. Now I understand, weight is a huge factor, and driver, and gearing. As the evo tends to be geared just slightly more for speed (while subaru's taper off at the end of driveability) I would assume if you have equal driving ability you will be nose to nose in a drag and near the end you'll get taken. This would also depend on your redlines too. I'm not sure on the redline of the evo, or the redline of the LGT after tuning, as I'm doing all my light tuning before my computer gets touched. But its possible that you could always shift up on him if you have a slightly longer rpm rangle. Road course, well, EVO does have better handling, its lighter and has better coilovers, but if you get yourself a nice set of sways and some coilovers, you'll be raping his poor mitsubishi behind all over the autoX. ;p All comes down to similar mods. Why does and STI outhandle and LGT, slightly lighter and better suspension, however with same suspension setup and you gut your LGT to the same weight, LGT has a slightly wider stance to it allowing for better speed and grip on turns. Many factors are involved. Or I could be talking out my butt. ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes but they are geared really low, the purpose of those cars is to be fast period.

all the $$$ went into the engine, it rides on rails, the steering is awesome but the ride quality is awful. the interior is void of any bells and whistles...

i was actually going to buy the evo 9, ive driven the 8 dozens of times (a good friend has one, and im normally the DD when we go out)

you can actually drop the clutch on these cars (it has a limiter) unlike our LGT's imho the car will wax the LGT hands downs, its a low 13 sec car....

ya umm ok do the SAME mods to an evo 9 then what? waxis maximus....

Who cares we're talking about a stock one. Stage 2 MT would have no problem, AT should be pretty close. Also I handed 2 EVO 8's their @ss in my 4000lbs Northstar Eldorado, slightly modded. The EVO 9 is what 285HP vs 271HP in the EVO 8. Also no, same mods would net more gains for the LGT, 2.5L vs. 2.0L this of course would include turbo swaps.

the reason he shouldn't learn on an evo is that 4g63 may be an amazing engine but evo's are rattle traps that have absolutely no fit an finish...anyone ever drivin a used one at the dealer? they all grind and cringe all over the place cause its held together by last minute funding and zip ties...

don't learn on one because THEY DON"T HAVE THE STi SIX SPEED!!!!! hahaha

SUBARU FTW!!!!!

-Stewy

Who cares we're talking about a stock one. Stage 2 MT would have no problem, AT should be pretty close. Also I handed 2 EVO 8's their @ss in my 4000lbs Northstar Eldorado, slightly modded. The EVO 9 is what 285HP vs 271HP in the EVO 8. Also no, same mods would net more gains for the LGT, 2.5L vs. 2.0L this of course would include turbo swaps.

who cares that you beat two evo 8's were talking about the 9...

"WE" wukindada and I were talking about HIS car which as many know is making some crazy hp.

stage 2 would have a problem w/ an evo IX, the evo 9 lays down about the same whp as a stage 2 LGT.

W/ equal drivers the nod will go to the evo...

im sorry but when the evo 9 can beat the wrx sti it pretty simple math, considering the sti is geared better then our LGT's....

it's common knowledge the evo takes to mods very easy, with a tbe and reflash were talking OVER 300 whp!

our LGT's max out around 280 and this is w/ all the bolt on mods.... tbe,AP,headers,etc....

listen i love my LGT and i know whats its capable of but the evo 9 is just a beast of a car, in stock form it will do a low 13, and no the same mods wont net more just cause of a half liter.......

heres a dyno graph of one w/ typical mods

RSR exmag exhaust, walbro pump, forge mbc, bushur intake, & dc sports downpipe

best time: 12.6@110mph with a crappy 60' 1.888 (85 degrees @ englishtown)

we can go in all directions w/ this but the OP question is w/ stage 2 on an LGT vs a stock IX w/ an a novice driver i give it to the LGT hands down.

dyno1.jpg.64cfe94787cb19489c209031ab11943b.jpg

I disagree with you on the STi losing to nine...you'd better not be using a magazine as your facts for that

Yes im a biased fan, but car for car, IMHO the STi is better in every way, power, reliability, drivetrain, Technology, interior, fit and finish, paint quality, gayness of wing, coolness of hood scoop

its better

-Stewy

having driven an 07 sti lmtd vs the evo 9 mr, i would say fit and finish the sti wins no doubt. however, as much as i love subie, i will say the evo 9 pulls harder (to me) in the first 2 gears, after that.... well, the sti wins. :D

but again, back on topic, a 5eat stg 2 in a straight line will hold it's own but i believe the evo 9 will win in the end unless he just doesn't know what he's doing. i've beaten a few stock sti's in my lgt at the track, but usually their first time going or they are too scared to "drive" their car. once they figure it out, it's nose to nose til i hit 4th gear in which i start to see taillights. :(

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

The stock EVO IX put out about 240 WHP and the XIII is around 20 WHP less. I don't know how much does the 07 LGT puts out with the variable valve timing compared to the older LGT w/out the vvt. The EVO i think weights about 1000-1500 less than the LGT + the driver.

I got an EVO IX, i'll race you. :lol: Winter rally is just around the corner.

This kind of thing blows me away... your buddy doesn't drive stick and goes out and buys an EVO for his first manual car??? That's something!

This reminds me. My Suburu service guy was telling me that he used to work for Mitsubishi and some kid's parents bought him a brand new EVO back in 2004 for his 16th birthday. He had no experience driving a stick and they just flat out bought for him. The car ended up being brought in at 500 miles with a burned up clutch. They did not cover the replacement under warranty due to the abuse. Stupid parents. What were they thinking?

This kind of thing blows me away... your buddy doesn't drive stick and goes out and buys an EVO for his first manual car??? That's something!

my thoughts exactly...

don't know how to drive a stick but let's get a car faster than the aston martin or the new lambo.....

good idea....

what I want to know is what kind of parent buys their child that kind of car...because his buddy isn't forking out the 35k himself....I would bet money on that.

Archived