LegacyGT.com

OT: what happened to the Lexus IS300 sportcross wagons?

What's up guys, I'm a newb here and have enjoyed reading this board as I now own a Subaru Forester 2006 and am in the works of purchasing a Legacy 2007 SE (going to be handing over the Forester to my wife) but can't decide what color to get.

That being said, before getting my forester I was really close to getting that Lexus Wagon but found out that they are now obsolete? Anybody know why? I'm guessing is that Lexus couldn't hang in the sport wagon market vs. the Subaru's :icon_mrgr

Here's a pic of a couple

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/tmb/4893_image.jpg

http://www.alfoldauto.hu/upload/2554_01.jpg

I liked them alot...gave one a good hard look just before I purchased the S4.

Soon after I purchased the Audi I was roasted by a Sportcross that had a T28 in it.

Only mods I had was a GIAC chip.

I really wish they were still making the car, with the 310bhp V6 that would be a very stout wagon stock;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I liked them alot...gave one a good hard look just before I purchased the S4.

Soon after I purchased the Audi I was roasted by a Sportcross that had a T28 in it.

Only mods I had was a GIAC chip.

I really wish they were still making the car, with the 310bhp V6 that would be a very stout wagon stock;)

or take it over to Peter Farrell Supercars and put his 500hp pkg on it. ;) He's local to me

Still do not think it will ever come back I was told it was a very slow seller:(

Ditto. I've only seen one around Louisville, several times but its the same one. They were definitely pretty cool but most "Lexus people" will just opt for the RX if they need more space, they wouldn't be caught dead in a station wagon. It's a shame too, it was a damn sporty wagon.

looked at one too. would've bought one if they were around
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I think they were closer to Legacy size, but I've never been in one. It's one of two cars (along with the Mazdaspeed) that I investigated but lost interest in after I realized I had to choose between AWD-ness and wagon-ness.

Did they sell it with AWD for the Portland market? I'd consider moving.

I have seen quite a few of them in NJ. Nice car, would be 100% better with AWD. I really wish more car manufacturers would offer AWD wagons with a manual transmission.

I was a die hard Honda guy for years and I have been waiting for a recurrance of the Accord wagon (or TSX wagon) Now that Acura is starting to offer AWD in the RL, I am hoping it works it's way down the line.

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

• 1 month later...

there was an AWD sportcross offered in japan, with a choice of two I6 engines. it was never sold in the US.

the sportcross didn't sell very well in the US, but there are quite a few in the sf bay area. it is a small car inside; the rear can only fit two adults in comfort.

Archived